Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

First woman to win Indy 500?

Old 05-27-2005, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tough for rookies to win Indy, but she's got Rahal behind her, so plenty of experience on the team. It adds some spice and maybe some Channel to the race.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:02 AM

Screw the nay-sayers, including Kanaan... now crying about all the attention she's getting.

Notice to the Idiots: She is single-handedly raising the visibility of the sport in a way no one (male or female) has done for quite some time. She will bring viewers, facilitate the reunification of the US open series'... and hopefully win the race.

I'm all for it. Then she can dispense with tradition by opening her driving suit in Victory Lane and pour the jug of milk all over her... jugs.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:49 AM

WOW
Old 05-27-2005, 10:06 AM

serious air brushing, if you see her without makeup she is barely decent looking. Now for motorsports she is good, but otherwise, barely a glance.

I actually dont like her, i tried but she comes off as pompous and not very engaging.

I saw her on Letterman and for a rookie, she talks some shit

She also dissed badly on columbus during a radio interview, saying how cow-town it is and how she would rather be in chicago. I thought it was bullshit. But that 's the political prowess that would come from a sub-30 year old.

I'm sure she is a gifted and talented driver and would kick my ass on a road course. I guess i would like to see her in an F1 race and see how she would do.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:25 AM

dude she could do it........anyone in the field theoretically can.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Some said Tiger wouldn't win the Masters...She'll probably get podium, at least, unless something shitty happens.

I think she's about an 8 (on attractiveness). 6 on the looks scale. add 1 for being a good driver. and another 1 if she's wearing a race suit and smiling.

From interviews, I know she wanted/wants to do F1. It's her dream. Not surprised she didn't get picked up for it though since she's still (relatively) a rookie.

Oh, and Chicago is better than Columbus
Old 05-27-2005, 12:16 PM

i agree chi town is better, but when your team is based out of c-bus, at least play the game. I agree she's about a high 6, low 7
Old 05-27-2005, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alter Ego,May 27 2005, 11:49 AM
WOW
Is that her picture?

I am soooooo rooting for her!

Seriously, she qualified the 4th position. It is no joke. I wish her good luck.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:54 PM

No excuse for dogging the home city of her team, but chalk that up to inexperience on the interview circuit... a far less offensive crime, IMHO, than inexperience on the track.

She made most of the "seasoned" IRL guys look silly on Pole day, and that's with the "Bobble". She's shown much more improvement and consistency this season.... etc. And I bet DP would fare better in F1 than some of the other IRL or Champ drivers... and she's rookie!

She's giving US open wheeled racing a shot in the arm, and I can't understand why people still refuse to give her any credit. I guess she'll just have to TAKE it.

Old 05-27-2005, 05:35 PM

I hope she lost and go straight to the Playboy Mansion.

Quick Reply: First woman to win Indy 500?