Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Ferrari owners talking about S2000

Old 04-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,705 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Everyone I've met and I've met several really DO like it
Old 04-10-2007, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im not saying the s2k can run with ferraris. im saying that the s2k is more fun to drive than the ferrari in reality. on real roads, you would rev the ferrari in 1st and have to brake not to get thrown in jail. on a track, i guess u could make a case.

but of all the cars ive driven, the f430 and the s2k are the most similar in terms of handling, engine behavior, steering input
Old 04-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

[QUOTE=dyhppy,Apr 10 2007, 11:44 AM] im not saying the s2k can run with ferraris.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love Ferraris, but it makes me sad that 2 out of 3 of their models are GT cars...

The 612 is a sedan by definition. It has large enough dimensions to be a sedan. That's sad

Ferrari is a sports car company and needs to hold to that...
Old 04-10-2007, 08:27 PM

Now that i have driven the F430 at a track just last week at Supercarlife.....i don't know where some of you guys are getting these ideas of comparisons between the 2.... keepin it real here homies .....i can't remember comparing the F430 at all to the s2k....in my opinion they are about as far away as Jupiter and mars are from each other in space....the exhaust under full throttle was like a V-8 VTEC......thats as close as the comparison gets.....from 3k on up the sound is unreal and it had alot more torque than i expected.....i was shifting short at 7k.....no need for 8500.....the car feels big and wide with tons of space inside unlike the s2k......but amazingly STIFF chassis....no roll...like the s2k does on stock springs on the track....the paddle F1 shifters are incredible and are without a doubt the future of all perfermance cars......the brakes are strong but not as strong as i expected them to be......but then again i was going much faster than in my s around the track so that could have something to do with it. Just an amazing car no matter how you look at it and i am going out of my mind to get one now.....i am playing Powerball weekly!

If you want a great comparison to the s2k for other model cars.....the new Porsche 997 turbo which replaced the old 911 turbo......has an amazingly similar feel in both steering and handleing.....turn in, lateral movement, and interior feel is soo close to each other i felt as if i never left the s2k.....where i new it wasn't the s2k was in brakeing and power......but handleing you could make an argument ....OH, and another note.....i was without a doubt the fastest with this one on the track of all the cars i drove now the Carrera GT??? that takes everything i just said upside down and inside out and takes you places i still can't compare to any car even the exotics i drove.....its in a world of its own...and has nothing in relation to the 997 just the amazing name Porsche

Old 04-10-2007, 08:56 PM

I hope you guys don't really think all of these F-car guys are all rich! They have budgets... not all of them own an Enzo or a new F430... oh, and guess what?! Some really do SAVE their money for a car and also SPEND their money wisely... which is probably why they drive a Ferrari in the first place
Old 04-10-2007, 08:58 PM

once again, nice pics from ur event, but we can agree to disagree. most people say they LOVE the sound of the ferrari. i found it annoying after awhile. constantly burbling like a baby throwing up. the paddle shifters are for babies. requires no skill and therefore no satsifaction to use em.

but hey, i'd still take one.

i got pics too

Old 04-10-2007, 09:08 PM

i have no desire anymore to manually dog leg shift and match RPM perfectly downshifting at the track.....your eyes and focus is always up looking at the next apex and not worrying about matching that downshift......i know for a fact i was faster with the paddle shifters.....so if that means being a baby.....i will take it as a compliment
Old 04-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

I this tread

" a throwing up "
Old 04-10-2007, 09:19 PM

i see where we differ. i care very little about being the fastest around a track, but rather to have the most fun, interactive driving experience. i never felt like i was a part of any of those cars like i do with the S. but the ferrari was close.

Quick Reply: Ferrari owners talking about S2000