Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Exotic car driving day - capitaldreamcars. woot.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:49 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Exotic car driving day - capitaldreamcars. woot.

Has anyone here ever done this? we did the *Power Tour*. It is $795+ TAX which s cheaper than most of the exotic tour places. Plus I got to bring my son for free (some of the tours charge $250 for a passenger).

We (a friend of mine in 1 car + his friend and me and my son in another) started in Leesburg and drove about 150 miles total through lots of different roads in WV, Md and VA (near Summit, Harpers ferry, etc...). Each leg had twisty roads and high speed highway driving so you got a good feel for each car.

We had an AWESOME TIME!!! They have a lead car and a chase car. I didn't think they would let us drive anything like what we did. No penalties for hitting the rev limiters or anything. More than 1 of us hit 130mph in the Lambo. I didn't even look how fast in the other cars, but we definately had some high speed runs.

I could go on and on... overall the Lambo was my favorite. Ferrari next, Aston next and the big bloated Bently last. They all had unique differences. The Aston, although the slowest had a crazy nice sounding exhaust. The Lambo had everything. speed, looks, felt great, etc.... The ferrari felt twitchy which could have been a bunch of things (tire pressure, alignment, etc..). The Bently just isn't my thing but with a 6.0L V12 twin turbo and it was moving!

Lambo Gallardo, Bentley Continental GT, Ferrari 360 Modena Spyder and Aston Martin Vantage convert. pic from their website.

http://www.capitaldreamcars.com/tour...iving_tour.asp
Old 10-21-2008, 05:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would do this in a heartbeat, but I'm not 25
Old 10-21-2008, 05:52 AM

That price is not bad at all. I guess I need to drop the hint to my wife. She got me the Ariel Atom experience for fathers day last year. And my birthday is coming up.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:45 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn Scot, I'm jealous! That had to be great. I'd be happy to drive any of those.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Former Moderator

Jason B. did one of those recently and really enjoyed it. The company he did it with has a new program I'm looking into where they rent out an airfield and you try to reach 200MPH in their cars like the SLR.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:54 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

That looks really fun - were you speeding on public roads though?
Old 10-21-2008, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT,Oct 21 2008, 10:54 AM
That looks really fun - were you speeding on public roads though?
that would be illegal!!

hell ****ing ya we waz speeding on public roads nigga!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:55 AM
CG

Compare the cars to the cheap ZO6...
Old 10-21-2008, 10:00 AM

^ good point...

It is a bit odd going to one of these events knowing that my daily driver is as fast if not faster than any of them.... but.....

3 of these were paddle shifters which I didn't think I would like... I really don't like them but the LAMBO especially was fun... it blips the throttle on downshift and sounds ****ing great doing it.... The traction of the Lambo is great too... just hammer the throttle and nothing spins.... My z06 needs straight clean pavement for that to happen, otherwise you are sideways waiting for the traction control to help out..

obviously the elegance of the Bently was good... not my thing though..

the seats in the Aston were the prettiest to me... and it actually had nice sold handling, an extremely agressive sounding exhaust... i couldn't seem to get it over 100mph and once i looked at R&T when I got home, it is barely faster than an S2000, so I guess that makes sense...
Old 10-21-2008, 10:13 AM
CG

Okay, so can we count on a Lambo in your future? I've got to try this sometime.

Quick Reply: Exotic car driving day - capitaldreamcars. woot.