Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Evo's at the dealerships. (pic)

Old 03-03-2003, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
[B]I'm sorry, but I just don't get this "awe-inspired" fascination with this Evo thing!
Old 03-03-2003, 10:53 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

I am getting a silver one with no sunroof..... it should be here soon. Hopefully they will give me $22k or more for my ing S2000 that no one wants.

What is a 03 WR250FE?

4 wheeler????

Scot

[QUOTE]Originally posted by funcar
[B]Except for the taillights I like the way it looks.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:57 AM

Originally posted by Scot
it goes fast, handles great, hauls kids, luggage, drives in snow, and should be ok on gas if you drive like a pussy.

What more could I want...... I will probably swap out the altezza's for EVO VII taillights anyway.
I completel agree, I mean, what car can do everything? I mean, this is the ultimate crossover vehicle, and it doesn't look like the Aztec or that Subaru truck thing. It's faster and quicker than most sports cars, handles better than most (.98g on slalom), can play in the mud, snow, go offroading, haul around friends/family/kids, has a useable trunk, this baby does it all, well, except for camping in it, but who camps in their car, honestly?

The only thing IMO is wack is the rear tail lights, this Altezza deal is getting a bit out of hand...
Old 03-03-2003, 10:58 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scot
[B]I am getting a silver one with no sunroof..... it should be here soon.
Old 03-03-2003, 11:31 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

That is a pretty good looking bike.... is that similiar to a Yamaha TT (off road, but not a 2 stroke).?

I sold my red S2000 about 20 months ago (with 24k miles), then bought a silver one about 1 year ago (with 6k miles when i bought it).

I am about to lose my ass on my silver one, but at least I did not buy it new and completely lose my ass.

I am guessing that I will get another S2000 down the road.... i hopefully will get a racing version but we'll see.

If my stock portfolio would take off....aahahahhahahahaha.. .... go kmart.

Scot
Old 03-03-2003, 11:40 AM

ok....all that being said, what I REALLY want to see is a comparo, head to head, between the STi (US) against the EVO (US). That is what really counts.

The more pictures I see of the STi, the more I like it. I am actually thinking about selling my WRX and my R1 so I can get that car (in blue, of course). The more pictures I see of it, the more it grows on me. My WRX has so far been an excellent car w/o any reliability issues. 13,000+ miles and going strong and standing more abuse than Pamela Anderson if she was thrown on Leavenworth's prision (male prision, that is).

STi or Evo???? hmmmmmmmm
Old 03-03-2003, 11:51 AM

Originally posted by Scot
That is a pretty good looking bike.... is that similiar to a Yamaha TT (off road, but not a 2 stroke).?

No, it is more like a YZ with a Wide Ratio gearbox(hence the WR), lights, and an electric starter(over 40 button). I have been doing some mods to it to make it more YZ like, I just need to add the exhaust cam from the YZ and then zoom.
Oh, it only has 2.1 miles on it , but I don't have any riding gear for a dirtbike yet. It's on it's way along with a GYT-R exhaust insert.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:07 PM

Anyone els think this is a photoshop? Look at the front wheel in the pic.....
Old 03-03-2003, 12:08 PM

Having owned several DSM's... their reliability is not on par with Honda or the other Japanes manufacterers, probably because their' practically owned by Daimler-Chrysler. Look at MBenz... their quality has gone down hill lately as well. Look at the new C class... POS IMO. A lady I work with owns a new C 240... she's had it about a year to a year and half and it's been in the shop for repair 4 times that I know of. I have two other friends that purchased a new C Class and both traded them for a BMW after driving mine.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:53 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
[B]I'm sorry, but I just don't get this "awe-inspired" fascination with this Evo thing!

Quick Reply: Evo's at the dealerships. (pic)