Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Evo's at the dealerships. (pic)

Old 03-03-2003, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scot
[B]I guess West Coast dealers are getting theirs right now.... midwest and east coast on the way.

Scot

Just another week for me.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:24 AM

Originally posted by Scot
Fat chicks are like mopeds..... fun to ride until someone see ya.

now how the hell did we get talking about fat chicks off a picure of an Evolution?
beats me.
lol

scot, r u getting the evo?

LIL Raja
Old 03-03-2003, 09:24 AM

It looks MUCH better in person.

Old 03-03-2003, 09:37 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by alexf20c
[B]It looks MUCH better in person.

I think any brand new car looks good. My BF has a base lancer and I just think the car looks TOO much like it. I can't excuse a 30K car with a 15K car with the same damn interior. Not to mention the four days. Maybe it will grow on me
Old 03-03-2003, 09:40 AM

Whoa, your BF? Dayum, I'm sorry but all this time I thought you were a guy! (Well, I guess you could still be a guy...)
Old 03-03-2003, 10:00 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm sorry, but I just don't get this "awe-inspired" fascination with this Evo thing! Who are these people who talk of it like it was the God of cars? To me, it looks sorta like a Lexus IS300. It is no more than just a 4 door "grocery getter". And it makes no difference to me if it can get to the grocery store and back before I get out of my driveway. Performance is only one aspect of the overall equation. It's GOTTA have some visual appeal. I have to be able to get up each morning, walk by it, look at it and not go UUGGGGHHHH!, "Why in the bloody Hell did I buy a 4 door old man's car"? Even worse, I'd hate to walk by it each morning and view it as being "mundane" and ordinary looking after only a year or so. And since I wouldn't be driving it to it's full capability all the time to show the rest of the world that "It can really go", it HAS to be visually stunning or noteworthy - which it is NOT.
ps. This is just my opinion only. Although I am impressed with the performance of the BMW M5, I don't care for it's looks either. Laying rubber down to the end of the block and making that high g turn gets a bit "old" after a few dozen times. Then it just becomes another 4 door sedan that guy down the block paid a fortune for. With this Evo thing, it'll become, "That guy with the little 4 door import, just can't remember the name of it - a Toyota, I think."
Old 03-03-2003, 10:08 AM

xviper, I say the same thing about our van.

I look at it and think it's the most God-awful creation known to man; it's the lowest common denominator of the automotive industry. But then I drive it everything goes out the window. It's so God-damned fun to drive!

The van, like the EVO, may be a "grocery getter" in every sense of the phrase, but imagine pulling up next to an LS1. You rev, he just gives you an are-you-f*cking-crazy look and revs back. Then you annihilate him in your "old man's car."

Not everyone wants a car that stands out in the crowd (aesthetically speaking). Some prefer the sleeper effect, and that's the van's trump card. The EVO isn't that much of a sleeper, as it is one of the icons of the import world, ranking among cars like the GT-R, Supra and NSX, but again, some people prefer subtlety...

Ugh, never before had I thought I'd say 'EVO' and 'subtle' in the same sentence... What has ths world come to? :thunker:
Old 03-03-2003, 10:19 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't think I am getting this kind of EVO. ?

Ya, the evo is not totally awesome to look at, but it still does look pretty cool to me. Like Alex said, the fact that I will be running 13.0
Old 03-03-2003, 10:22 AM

How'd that pic get in there? I honestly don't know.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:23 AM

Except for the taillights I like the way it looks.
So Scot when is yours coming in and what color did you get?

Quick Reply: Evo's at the dealerships. (pic)