Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

EVO vs. STi/WRX Battle (A Total Smack Down)

Old 09-19-2004, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont think u read my post. my tuner's car (vishnu tuning) has the fastest road race evo arround. it had 500 whp. it has BONE STOCK internals all it has is head studs. it has 40k miles of pure racing. including one lap of america challenge where it finished 4th place overall against all the world's super cars. This car has been through 5000 dyno pulls and countless race events. and the engine still has perfect compression.

the ej25 IS MUCH WEAKER MUCH WEAKER. thats is why there are 0 10 sec stis. and very very few 11 sec. the internals are weak. the real sti motor ej20 from japan is so much better that the crappy one they have here. this engin is just a forester engine reworked abit. there is no way the ej25 is on the same level as the 4g63

my engine will last and i plan to get more power too. i am gonna get a garret gt35r turbo and i plan to get about 70 more whp so i can have 450 whp the engine will take it... now under continuous abusive launches... the only thing that can give probs are the diffs sometimes. but if they go ot ill get teh cusco diffs they r nearly unbreakable.

and it is very hard to make mistakes in the evo. a novice driver wil be able to go fast in a stock evo. to go REAL fast you have to induce a bit of oversteer and a bit of 4 wheel drift. but even that is simple for a relativley experienced driver.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by vishnu_evo8,Sep 19 2004, 09:23 AM
i dont think u read my post. my tuner's car (vishnu tuning) has the fastest road race evo arround. it had 500 whp. it has BONE STOCK internals all it has is head studs. it has 40k miles of pure racing. including one lap of america challenge where it finished 4th place overall against all the world's super cars. This car has been through 5000 dyno pulls and countless race events. and the engine still has perfect compression.

the ej25 IS MUCH WEAKER MUCH WEAKER. thats is why there are 0 10 sec stis. and very very few 11 sec. the internals are weak. the real sti motor ej20 from japan is so much better that the crappy one they have here. this engin is just a forester engine reworked abit. there is no way the ej25 is on the same level as the 4g63

my engine will last and i plan to get more power too. i am gonna get a garret gt35r turbo and i plan to get about 70 more whp so i can have 450 whp the engine will take it... now under continuous abusive launches... the only thing that can give probs are the diffs sometimes. but if they go ot ill get teh cusco diffs they r nearly unbreakable.

and it is very hard to make mistakes in the evo. a novice driver wil be able to go fast in a stock evo. to go REAL fast you have to induce a bit of oversteer and a bit of 4 wheel drift. but even that is simple for a relativley experienced driver.
There are tons and tons of sub 10 second Honda Civic so I guess:

Civic > Evo

!
Old 09-19-2004, 11:28 AM

but those civics cant do anythign else. only drag.. these evos could rule the track or drag and drive on the street. lets see a civic on stock internals full interior run high 11's and survive for a while as well as driven on the street, then go out and dominate road racing as well
Old 09-19-2004, 12:22 PM

ya um...

This is running around the boards right now:

2.0 Liter WRX Sti Spec C (UK)

Less then 8 minute nurburgring track time (7.59)

For Example:

1. Caterham Superlight R .......... 8 min 6.2 sec
2. Ruf 911 CTR2 ....................... 8 min 15.0 sec
3. Nissan Skyline GTR .............. 8 min 28.1 sec
4. Porsche 911 Carrera ............. 8 min 38.4 sec

Yup Sti's are horrible track cars.. they just suck!
Old 09-19-2004, 01:32 PM

iif u read my post ud see that i said the US sti was not as good as the US evo. It is a fact that the sti is slower on the track. EVERY MAGAZINE THAT HAS TESTED THEM says the evo is faster. and when modified it gets worse.

i never said the uk one was crap. i even said that the 2.0l was a far better engine than teh one they use here. oh btw the evo mr also runs sub 8 sec times. ill do research and post time.

and since u guys r into best motoring and comparin jdm cars so much.. the fastest time attack car ever on scubuka track was the hks evo. it destroyed the previous time of the 34gtr.

the spec c is vastly superior to the standard sti. compare the spec c to the new fq 340 and then see what happens. the fq340 is 0-60 in 4.2 seconds stock.
Old 09-19-2004, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by vishnu_evo8,Sep 19 2004, 01:32 PM
iif u read my post ud see that i said the US sti was not as good as the US evo. It is a fact that the sti is slower on the track. EVERY MAGAZINE THAT HAS TESTED THEM says the evo is faster. and when modified it gets worse.

i never said the uk one was crap. i even said that the 2.0l was a far better engine than teh one they use here. oh btw the evo mr also runs sub 8 sec times. ill do research and post time.

and since u guys r into best motoring and comparin jdm cars so much.. the fastest time attack car ever on scubuka track was the hks evo. it destroyed the previous time of the 34gtr.

the spec c is vastly superior to the standard sti. compare the spec c to the new fq 340 and then see what happens. the fq340 is 0-60 in 4.2 seconds stock.
You are winning no points, you continue to show your utter fan boy stance with your poor knowledge of the Sti.

Again, I know some modified Civics that would dominate you in any way you want to discuss... therefore the Civic > Evo.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:20 PM

how have i proved no points? even an sti owner said the us evo is better for racing purposes. what do you know you dont even own either car. you keep stating stuff from other places in the world. I AM SAYING THE US EVO IS A BIT BETTER THAN THE US STI. weve already gone over all the facts not opinions. 4g63 is stronger than ej25. faster 1/4 mile times when modded. faster track times stock or modded. what else is there? why dont u make a point about THE US STI(you know the one that pings out of the factory) how is it better than US EVO?? dont bother saying 6 spd cuz that is only for gas milage it does nothing for it in terms of performance.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:24 PM

and id love to see a civic that can run 11's on the street, be used as a daily driver and run under 2 min at sears point long track. THERE MAY BE 1 in the world.. and it will have to be a 1500 lb shell of car thats not daily drivable

lol imagine what those civics would do to any s2000. considering the ones i see out here and anywhere run what 14's 13 if heavily modified. And the full shop sponsored race s2000s that compete in nasa run only slightly faster lap times than my self owned fully interior stock lookin evo. i think thats pretty funny
Old 09-19-2004, 07:00 PM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

in the S2000's defense..... I am guessing Honda Challenge.....engine wise you are only allowed a handfull of modifications.... intake, exhaust, header, ... i think you can bore it out, balance & blueprint and do a little head work, but i doubt the one you are talking about has that done.... so the engine is basically stock with a few bolt on's and probably a 4.77 rearend...and the car is probabably close to 2450lbs so they have lightened it 300lbs from stock.

You are now comparing that with your well massaged turbo Evo..... which is still slower (per your quote)..... you have double the horsepower and more than triple the torque (probably)......

not really a good comparision.....I just wanted to make sure you knew what was allowed in NASA Honda-challenge....

I agree that stock vs stock the S2000 generally loses in any performance contest......

[QUOTE=vishnu_evo8,Sep 19 2004, 07:24 PM]and id love to see a civic that
Old 09-19-2004, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by vishnu_evo8,Sep 19 2004, 04:20 PM
how have i proved no points? even an sti owner said the us evo is better for racing purposes. what do you know you dont even own either car. you keep stating stuff from other places in the world. I AM SAYING THE US EVO IS A BIT BETTER THAN THE US STI. weve already gone over all the facts not opinions. 4g63 is stronger than ej25. faster 1/4 mile times when modded. faster track times stock or modded. what else is there? why dont u make a point about THE US STI(you know the one that pings out of the factory) how is it better than US EVO?? dont bother saying 6 spd cuz that is only for gas milage it does nothing for it in terms of performance.
Im just usuing your logic against you.

"dont bother saying 6 spd cuz that is only for gas milage it does nothing for it in terms of performance."

So the 6 speed is for gas milage?

" I AM SAYING THE US EVO IS A BIT BETTER THAN THE US STI"

So the Evo is a better car becasue it currently has better mod potential... then I state the Civic is a better car then the Evo. I in fact find this in doubt, the Evos engine can handle a lot of power but it seems to have reliability problems with the power it currently has. The Sti does not. Subaru also clearly backs up its product when it does have problems, Mitsu has been questioned. Ive seen modified Integra Type R's (Civic) keep up with modified Vipers at PIR... I have no doubt that guy would best you in any way at the track.

"you know the one that pings out of the factory"

Pings? What pings.. Ive heard of a few on the first few Sti's but I sure havent had any problems in over a year. Hows your tranny? Hows your clutch? You sure wont get any help from Mitsu if they go bad.

"4g63 is stronger than ej25"

Is that proven yet? Will you be able to say that in 3 years?

"what do you know you dont even own either car"

I guess I dont own either then

"weve already gone over all the facts not opinions. 4g63 is stronger than ej25. faster 1/4 mile times when modded. faster track times stock or modded. what else is there?"

Lets go over the facts then, why do I see plenty of Sti's taking out Evo's (and visa versa) in my SCCA magazine track day results. Last AutoX I was at, 3 Sti's bested the fastest Evo (who was out numbered) and modified. Where are you getting your results from? Why then can I beat the times of slightly modified Evos on the AutoX track?

Im not doubting the Evo at all, just doubting your fan boy comments... the Evo is a destroyer... But so is the Sti...

Quick Reply: EVO vs. STi/WRX Battle (A Total Smack Down)