Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

EVO 9 when the S is paid for.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever heard of evolutionm.net?
Yea ive been all over it, But just like we here are partial to our S2K's they are all about evo's being a gift from the car gods, lol I wanted an outsiders point of view

The S2000 and the Evo 9 are two different cars. Also two very great cars. I had an Evo 9 MR before my S2000 that I bought like about 2 weeks ago. Obviously with turbo there is more maintance...but If you start modding it I don't think you're going to mod your S2K anymore hahaha. Both good cars and sounds like a swell plan =]
Yea the S has an intake and id prolly leave it alone other then making it really pretty and lower and stiffer if I bought an Evo.

Why keep the SE-R if you have an Evo? Is it a 90s SE-R?
Yea its a 1992 aka Classic SE-R, I would like to have something to drive other then the S if the Evo is down for maintance or is broken. And the Sentra is my first love. My first SE-R was wrecked by s a guy who was wayyy to blind to drive this one is my second and is pretty well moded, Id keep it as my beater.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:14 AM

And Evo9toAP2 lol love the screen name. Why did you make the move to an ap2 from the 9?
Old 11-06-2009, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by fastkx125,Nov 6 2009, 12:14 PM
And Evo9toAP2 lol love the screen name. Why did you make the move to an ap2 from the 9?
It's funny because I've had people tell me that I down graded or upgraded but I don't really agree with either because I think they're both different class of cars. I had a GT35R on my evo and making 400whp+ at 25psi daily driving. It was fun and all but when I drove my buddies S2K I seriously instantly fell in love with it. It's better on gas and more reliable. I'm not sure If my evo was a lemon but I did have a lot of issues with that car and spent plenty of money fixing it.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've read a few accounts here of people going from an s2k to an evo and being disappointed. Evo is obviously faster in a straight line but one guy I think described it as being like "driving a tank."
Old 11-06-2009, 11:30 AM

A tank? Why because of the grip and lack of roll in turns? it's got some damn quick steering and it's not really that heavy for a 4 door sedan.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:34 AM

If I get one I wont be trying to make all out power, Stock turbo is more then enough for me, Ill prolly do an exhaust and a tune and call it a day. And I wont be going from and S to an Evo, Ill have both

EvotoAP2, what kind of problems did you have? were they big # goal oriented problems or was there problems even in stock form?
Old 11-06-2009, 11:42 AM

Some people will like the S2K better than the Evo and some won't. It's just personal preference in my opinion. As for "Driving a Tank" I don't really see how the Evo can be a tank. It is a pretty light car for a 4 door sedan and It does handle quite well. Although I do like the S2000 handling more then I did In my Evo. Well when I was sort of stock with just a boost controller, exhaust and intake. My turbo blew out at 40k miles and I was just like wtf you know and I wasn't over boosting...so then I upgraded so the GT35r I guess I had a few leaks here and there and It some how burnt my wirering harness and also I got a REF Ticket so In totall I paid $2500 for everything to go back to stock.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:47 AM

damm that sucks, are the 20G's ball bearing turbos? are they factory liquid cooled, or did you have a turbo timer? im just trying to run down the list of commen turbo failure reasons you know. All these reasons plus all prior experince with Mitsu's is the reason I didnt buy one of these before I bought the S2000. But now since I have the S2000 I figured its time to think about getting one since I wanted one so badly before.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:51 AM

Yes, they are ball bearing. Someone correct me If I'm wrong. My factory liquid cool you mean the oil feed to the turbo cooling it down right? If so then yes. I didn't have a turbo timer, I just sat in my car hahaha
Old 11-06-2009, 11:58 AM

Liquid cooled means there is enigne coolant ran trough the turbo as well as oil, as long as you let it cool down and warm up properly id say it was soley the fault of bad R&D lol. My freind asked me about a GSX he was gonna buy years back, I told him its a cool car with lots of potential but to keep at least $5k in the bank for repairs lol. he sold it a few years later after spending way to much money on fixing it. who knows alot can change in the 2 years its gonna take me to pay off the s2000, but If i get it and I feel like im over my head then ill just sell it.

Quick Reply: EVO 9 when the S is paid for.