Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Enzo crash caught on tape

Old 03-27-2007, 05:44 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Scot' date='Mar 27 2007, 08:14 AM
Why the **** wouldn't he have hit the brakes and a least hit at a much slower speed...
I think he DID hit the brakes, and just went into terminal understeer. I have no idea how the Enzo suspension and ABS is set up, but I've done the exact same thing plenty of times during an autocross when I go into a corner too hot. (Except I maybe only hit a cone or two, that's all. ) Hitting the brakes doesn't slow you down any more in this situation.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote name='Elistan' date='Mar 27 2007, 06:44 AM']I think he DID hit the brakes, and just went into terminal understeer.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote name='pantyraider' date='Mar 27 2007, 05:27 AM'] Now that is called understeering like a pig.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:09 AM

The story is on Leftlane news, and apparently this happened during a practice for a charity event (already stated in this thread) for the movie Redline, which is being produced by real estate investor Daniel Sadek. In fact the Enzo is Sadek's car. He said he was upset that it happened, but he said worse things are happening in the world than his dream car getting smashed.

But this isn't the only carival of exotic carnage where this film is concerned. Apparently to drum up media buzz Sadek announced that his own CGT would be destroyed in the movie, because they didn't want to do CGI effects. Additionally, 2 CGTs have already been completely annhiliated for the making of this thing.

Redline basically sounds like a supercar snuff film to me.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:30 AM

Anything will understeer if you drive it like that, wtf.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:31 AM

I can't imagine being as nonchalant as that guy was after wrecking such a rare car in such a worthless fashion. Course design must have been for the benefit of the cameramen but did they have ANY form of safety steward?
Old 03-27-2007, 08:11 AM

Don't worry fixing that won't be a problem for Undercover Brother. A few high fives and calling the mechanics "jive turkeys" it'll be as good as new.

Mike
Old 03-27-2007, 09:10 AM

Damn Eddie you idiot, you drive like cr-p.

The funny thing about this accident is that it could turn out to be an awesome promotional piece for this movie Redline. This is going to be everywhere, and maybe it won't be worth a million dollars, but the press is going to love this piece and it is going to be shown to a lot of people.

Just for this I'm going to see Redline, I want to help the producer replace his Enzo.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:23 AM

Wow just read about this in another forum.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/newssun...ferrari.article
Old 03-27-2007, 11:45 AM

The car is toast. You can't slam a carbon fiber monocoque into a concrete barrier like that without seriously compromising its integrity.

But Sadek surely had insurance for this charity event, and he will get another Enzo to destroy in a similarly idiotic fashion, I am sure.

Plus, I agree that this makes for good press for Redline. Griffin's ego may be sore right now, but he'll be using this incident as fodder for his next stand-up tour... "I'm just like that crazy cracker from Sweden, except I didn't try to blame Dietrich!"

To joke like that after wrecking such a wonderful machine is in itself a travesty. At least it wasn't an Fxx, I suppose.

Quick Reply: Enzo crash caught on tape