Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

with enough money, any car can be made fast

Old 06-14-2006 | 06:55 PM

Looking back, maybe PLYRS_3 is right, I should get out more. I'd just never heard that one before and it is a pretty funny word. Not the funniest of all time, but damn funny none the less.
Maybe this is a geographical issue. I saw someone doing some ridiculous poll in another forum about what kind of car you like based on where you live (i.e. muscle vs. finesse).
Someone should start a poll of which word is the funniest based on which state people live in.
Not to take this too far, but my vote (Florida) remains with "asshat." Keep smiling boys and girls. Peace.
Old 06-14-2006 | 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by dangators05,Jun 14 2006, 06:55 PM
but my vote (Florida) remains with "asshat." Keep smiling boys and girls. Peace.
The people of your state have already demonstrated a gross inability to correctly vote, so No Poll For You!

Scroat monger.
Old 06-15-2006 | 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by jackalope,Jun 3 2006, 05:59 AM
you would still look gay driving it.
Old 06-16-2006 | 02:41 PM

I was presenting at a conference and didn't have time to check this thread.

Looks like I'm going to have to clarify my position yet again. So, initially we were told that the New Beetle is unsafe at highway speed by Mr E.G. This is where the argument started. Mr. E.G then back tracked that he 'meant to say' high speed, which he ofcourse did not. He meant to say highway because he thought that it made him look smarter in his initial post by putting the New Beetle down more than if he had said 'at 126mph'. This earned him the title of fanboi.

Now, if you take a look at every single one of my posts, you will see that I ask him to prove that the Beetle is unsafe at highway speed. Since that is the claim that sparked this argument, I once again ask, where is that proof? I'm still waiting for it.

As for the high speed 'proof' that you summoned from your clearly exhaustive Google search, yes it's not in any way verifiable and thus useless. I can point you to websites that 'prove' that a 757 never hit the Pentagon on 9/11 but would you believe them? Do you have a verifiable source? No, you do not...hence the only thing you've won is the title of most annoying clown on the internet.

PS - You should take some medication for your temper.
Old 06-16-2006 | 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by jackalope,Jun 3 2006, 04:59 AM
you would still look gay driving it.
ROFL! thats what I was thinking.. what mid life women would buy that?
Old 06-17-2006 | 12:55 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by slicksilver,Jun 16 2006, 02:41 PM
I was presenting at a conference and didn't have time to check this thread.

Looks like I'm going to have to clarify my position yet again. So, initially we were told that the New Beetle is unsafe at highway speed by Mr E.G. This is where the argument started. Mr. E.G then back tracked that he 'meant to say' high speed, which he ofcourse did not. He meant to say highway because he thought that it made him look smarter in his initial post by putting the New Beetle down more than if he had said 'at 126mph'. This earned him the title of fanboi.

Now, if you take a look at every single one of my posts, you will see that I ask him to prove that the Beetle is unsafe at highway speed. Since that is the claim that sparked this argument, I once again ask, where is that proof? I'm still waiting for it.

As for the high speed 'proof' that you summoned from your clearly exhaustive Google search, yes it's not in any way verifiable and thus useless. I can point you to websites that 'prove' that a 757 never hit the Pentagon on 9/11 but would you believe them? Do you have a verifiable source? No, you do not...hence the only thing you've won is the title of most annoying clown on the internet.

PS - You should take some medication for your temper.
dude, i admitted that i said it wrong as soon as you first mentioned brought it up. what more do you want?

i could understand you being agrivated if i didnt admit my mistake, but i did and thats somewhat of a rarity on internet forums. i admitted i was wrong and then i explained what i meant to type. if you cant wrap your mind around the concept of someone mixing up two extremely common phrases, i dont know what to tell you.

also i allready said that the source was road and track magazine. i believe that one of the internet sources i qouted even say the info is from road and track, but i will double check just in case i am mixing up the name of another magazine or something to that effect.

i have a pretty bad memory but i do recall prophesying that you were going to attack my sources. again, thanks for being so predictable. it makes my job that much easier
Old 06-17-2006 | 12:58 PM
15 Year Member

i double checked and the mulsannes corner link says that its source is road and track. i just wanted to verify it.