Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

with enough money, any car can be made fast

Old 06-09-2006 | 09:25 PM
Member (Premium)

I think Mr. Eg is in the right (only by a little bit though)
he did qualify that his memory is spotty and slick attacked him. This is only the internet and he should have just let it go - no need to take it so personally.
Old 06-09-2006 | 09:56 PM

i agree with Mr.E.G but really... there was no need for the long out bursts... you proved yourself right enough after you backed it with a website... continuing on about how right you were just made you look like an ass... try not to let your temper get the best of you next time...
Old 06-09-2006 | 09:57 PM

and for the record... i'm not dissing anyone... i'm the ultimate newbie
Old 06-09-2006 | 11:57 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by nodisguise,Jun 9 2006, 08:36 PM

I don't think I've EVER seen anyone make such an ass of himself on this forum before. I'd put you on my ignore list (and no I'm not chummy with anyone in this thread) except I'd hate to miss another of your totally unwarranted explosions.
how in the ever loving fvck were my responses unwarranted. i gave him fair warning that i could and would prove what i said was true and he did not change his direction one bit. he didnt add "well i could be wrong" or "it seems doubtful that the car creates that much lift" he said none of those things, but what he did do was continue to tell me that i was full of shit.

You made a dubious claim, didn't back it up, asked us to take your word for it, and then got mad when we said it wasn't good enough? Ok, we'll just believe everything everyone says from now on without questioning it ever! Especially if they say, "I know what I'm talking about!"
first of all i dont see how it was a dubious claim. anybody who has ever read anything about aerodynamics knows that the shape of the beetle is bad juju. but before you say "well maybe he didnt know anything about aerodynamics" let me say that that is exactly my point. he was not in a position to decide if my information was fishy or not. and it wasnt that he called bs or something similar, he jumped on the oh so popular band wagon of playing the "you're a fanboi" card. nothing in my remarks was fanboish at all.

and no i dont expect people to beleive anything they read, but i do however expect people that dont have any idea what they are talking about to not project this all knowing attitude. and i didnt say i knew what i was talking about and that should be sufficient. i said that i could prove him wrong so he had better stop before i really make him look foolish(in so many words). he didnt stop, and i wasnt kidding.

you have clearly taken my words out of context. if you would be so kind as to reread them, you will see that the way i worded my responses to him in no way implied what you just accused me of.

Yes, slicksilver jumped to a conclusion. You could have provided your cite, called him an ass and been done with it. Lighten up.
i agree with this statement for the most part. i think that giving him the opportunity to back off (which i did) was fair warning.
Old 06-09-2006 | 11:59 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by S2020,Jun 9 2006, 09:25 PM
I think Mr. Eg is in the right (only by a little bit though)
he did qualify that his memory is spotty and slick attacked him. This is only the internet and he should have just let it go - no need to take it so personally.
thanks... kind of.

i suppose i shouldnt have taken it so personally, but again, i did give him an opportunity to bow out gracefully and he instead chose to make a bigger douche out of himself.
Old 06-10-2006 | 12:04 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by shotiable,Jun 9 2006, 09:56 PM
i agree with Mr.E.G but really... there was no need for the long out bursts... you proved yourself right enough after you backed it with a website... continuing on about how right you were just made you look like an ass... try not to let your temper get the best of you next time...
in my defense all of my statements on any topic are long winded, regardless of how angry i am

i prefer to think of it as being thorough.

just as an example: http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1637246&page=3

scroll down a little ways and you will see just how long winded my explanations can get.

and just for the record, i established early on in that thread that i was speaking in watered down general terminology, and that my pictures were made on ms paint, so please be prepared for some suckage
Old 06-10-2006 | 12:10 AM
15 Year Member

lastly, i suppose i should add that i am not angry with anyone. at best i was pissed off by slicks comments but that doesnt mean that every time i see him post im going to say something offensive or insulting to him. this argument wont carry over into other threads or anything like that. he's not my new forum enemy.

he could be the coolest guy in the world for all i know, i just didnt like the way that his words came out.

and for all of you who are so terribly offended by me getting pissed off, just hold on or a little while, im sure he is going to come into this thread and stick up for himself just fine without you.

i mean come on guys, i made all of that stuff up anyway

everyone knows that beetles are gods own chariot.
Old 06-10-2006 | 01:59 AM

paint that thing yellow, slap on autobot emblems on the hood and trunk, and put THAT badboy in the upcoming transformers movie.
Old 06-10-2006 | 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by PedalFaster,Jun 9 2006, 08:21 PM
I'm not going to read this inane thread, but man, regardless of who's right, you're totally going on my ignore list.
I stopped reading after the third or fourth post in the exchange, and I did consider adding slicksilver to my ignore list, but not Mr.E.G..
Old 06-10-2006 | 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.,Jun 9 2006, 11:57 PM

how in the ever loving fvck were my responses unwarranted. i gave him fair warning that i could and would prove what i said was true and he did not change his direction one bit. he didnt add "well i could be wrong" or "it seems doubtful that the car creates that much lift" he said none of those things, but what he did do was continue to tell me that i was full of shit.

first of all i dont see how it was a dubious claim. anybody who has ever read anything about aerodynamics knows that the shape of the beetle is bad juju. but before you say "well maybe he didnt know anything about aerodynamics" let me say that that is exactly my point. he was not in a position to decide if my information was fishy or not. and it wasnt that he called bs or something similar, he jumped on the oh so popular band wagon of playing the "you're a fanboi" card. nothing in my remarks was fanboish at all.

and no i dont expect people to beleive anything they read, but i do however expect people that dont have any idea what they are talking about to not project this all knowing attitude. and i didnt say i knew what i was talking about and that should be sufficient. i said that i could prove him wrong so he had better stop before i really make him look foolish(in so many words). he didnt stop, and i wasnt kidding.

you have clearly taken my words out of context. if you would be so kind as to reread them, you will see that the way i worded my responses to him in no way implied what you just accused me of.

i agree with this statement for the most part. i think that giving him the opportunity to back off (which i did) was fair warning.
It was obvious by the way you said it that the fact that the new beetle created that much lift was remarkable. Change the word "dubious," to, "remarkable," in my sentence about your claim if you think it's a little more accurate. Usually when you hear about how much lift a car makes at higher speeds, it's nowhere near 6-700lbs.

You could have gracefully provided your sources when the claim was questioned instead of saying something like 'BACK OFF! I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! I DON'T WANT TO MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE THE BIGGEST IDIOT EVER!' Warning him about how you'd make him look like an ass was the asshole move, not providing the cite.

Quick Reply: with enough money, any car can be made fast