Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

with enough money, any car can be made fast

Old 06-05-2006 | 11:01 PM

Haha...I love it when fanbois say things like "these turds make about 600 lbs of lift at 160mph (its been a while since i read so my numbers could be off, but the point remains that these cars are not safe at highway speeds)".

Yeah, and my S2000 generates 12,000 lbs of downforce at 35mph, but I can't remember where I read that
Old 06-06-2006 | 06:02 AM

I will stick with the RSI if I want a beetle that performs. One day they may even be bold enough to bring it to america
Old 06-06-2006 | 06:20 AM

Going 192 in that car must be like the Shuttle during launch.

Shakey ....and fast
Old 06-07-2006 | 01:52 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by slicksilver,Jun 5 2006, 11:01 PM
Haha...I love it when fanbois say things like "these turds make about 600 lbs of lift at 160mph (its been a while since i read so my numbers could be off, but the point remains that these cars are not safe at highway speeds)".

Yeah, and my S2000 generates 12,000 lbs of downforce at 35mph, but I can't remember where I read that
fanboi huh? i was stating a fact i just cant remeber the exact mph that it makes that amount of lift at so i added the disclaimer that it had been a while since i had read it.

and yes dipshit, im aware of the fact that the s2000 doesnt make downforce from factory. very few cars do. but i was illustrating that the beetle is one of the worst cars on the market in terms of aerodynamics. my statement completely aplied to this topic since the sellers of the car claim that it can do 190+ mph.

and also in your super witty piece of satire where you state that you cant remember where you read it doesnt exactly apply to my statement since i do in fact remeber WHERE i read it, i just didnt remeber the exact mph.

also i should point out that i wasnt being facetious or exagerating when i said that it made 600lbs of lift. that is a literal statement. it may even be more than that, like i said its been a while since i read about it, so i may have the numbers a little mixed up.

aerodynamics is a subject that i am well versed in. i have spent the better part of the last year educating myself on thetopic and doing various research projects and so forth so beofre you try to insult me again you should realize that im not just talking out of my ass.

so yeah, if stating facts makes me a fanboi then i guess i am one. you disgust me.
Old 06-07-2006 | 02:00 AM
15 Year Member

ok, as i mentioned it has been a while since i read about it (probably more than year ago) and i have in fact mixed the numbers up a little. i got the numbers of the beetle mixed up with another car.

oh by the way THE CAR IS EVEN ****ING WORSE THAN I INITIALLY SAID IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the volkswagen beetle makes 742 lbs of lift at 124 mph!!!!!!!!!!!

but you're probably right, the car actually has excellent aerodynamics from factory but it is propelled upward on a cloud of my fanboiism
Old 06-07-2006 | 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.,Jun 7 2006, 02:00 AM
ok, as i mentioned it has been a while since i read about it (probably more than year ago) and i have in fact mixed the numbers up a little. i got the numbers of the beetle mixed up with another car.

oh by the way THE CAR IS EVEN ****ING WORSE THAN I INITIALLY SAID IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the volkswagen beetle makes 742 lbs of lift at 124 mph!!!!!!!!!!!

but you're probably right, the car actually has excellent aerodynamics from factory but it is propelled upward on a cloud of my fanboiism
LOL - 124 mph is highway speed? You must live close to an empty autobahn...

Anyone can "quote" a made up fact. Where is your proof that as you stated, the New Beetle is unsafe at highway speed? I'm still waiting for that tidbit of information...
Old 06-07-2006 | 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.,Jun 7 2006, 04:52 AM
fanboi huh? i was stating a fact i just cant remeber the exact mph that it makes that amount of lift at so i added the disclaimer that it had been a while since i had read it.

and yes dipshit, im aware of the fact that the s2000 doesnt make downforce from factory. very few cars do. but i was illustrating that the beetle is one of the worst cars on the market in terms of aerodynamics. my statement completely aplied to this topic since the sellers of the car claim that it can do 190+ mph.

and also in your super witty piece of satire where you state that you cant remember where you read it doesnt exactly apply to my statement since i do in fact remeber WHERE i read it, i just didnt remeber the exact mph.

also i should point out that i wasnt being facetious or exagerating when i said that it made 600lbs of lift. that is a literal statement. it may even be more than that, like i said its been a while since i read about it, so i may have the numbers a little mixed up.

aerodynamics is a subject that i am well versed in. i have spent the better part of the last year educating myself on thetopic and doing various research projects and so forth so beofre you try to insult me again you should realize that im not just talking out of my ass.

so yeah, if stating facts makes me a fanboi then i guess i am one. you disgust me.
Old 06-07-2006 | 06:28 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by slicksilver,Jun 7 2006, 03:08 PM
LOL - 124 mph is highway speed? You must live close to an empty autobahn...

Anyone can "quote" a made up fact. Where is your proof that as you stated, the New Beetle is unsafe at highway speed? I'm still waiting for that tidbit of information...
dude are you arguing with me about semantics now because you realize that you were making a baseless comment?

this is you: "oh well uhhh, i mean, uhhh (rereads post for anything to cling on to) OH!, you said "highway", and im going to argue about that, even though it is blatantly ****ing obvious that we werent talking about normal highway speeds at all in the discussion, but i need something to argue with"

come on man. a retarded monkey could tell that it was a typographical error.

i meant to put high speed but i typed highway speed. whoopty ****ing doo. the fact is that the car is unsafe at HIGH speed.

you called me a fanboi because i stated some factual information. and now you're picking apart my grammar. come on man, you're embarassing yourself.

you very well know that i wasnt referring to the car going 70 mph down the ****ing highway. we were all talking about the cars ability to drive at 190+ mph.

i tell you what, i am willing to let this all go and not say anymore about it if you will just shut the fvck up. i can provide you with the information that says how much lift the car makes. do you really want to gamble on my abaility to provide proof of that information? because if you still think im making it up and you call me out for some proof im just going to make you look like even more of a douche bag.

heres you chance to let it go. im sure there are plenty of other threads that need your input.

Old 06-07-2006 | 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.,Jun 7 2006, 06:28 PM
dude are you arguing with me about semantics now because you realize that you were making a baseless comment?

this is you: "oh well uhhh, i mean, uhhh (rereads post for anything to cling on to) OH!, you said "highway", and im going to argue about that, even though it is blatantly ****ing obvious that we werent talking about normal highway speeds at all in the discussion, but i need something to argue with"

come on man. a retarded monkey could tell that it was a typographical error.

i meant to put high speed but i typed highway speed. whoopty ****ing doo. the fact is that the car is unsafe at HIGH speed.

you called me a fanboi because i stated some factual information. and now you're picking apart my grammar. come on man, you're embarassing yourself.

you very well know that i wasnt referring to the car going 70 mph down the ****ing highway. we were all talking about the cars ability to drive at 190+ mph.

i tell you what, i am willing to let this all go and not say anymore about it if you will just shut the fvck up. i can provide you with the information that says how much lift the car makes. do you really want to gamble on my abaility to provide proof of that information? because if you still think im making it up and you call me out for some proof im just going to make you look like even more of a douche bag.

heres you chance to let it go. im sure there are plenty of other threads that need your input.
So far you haven't presented a single fact. In fact the only thing you have presented is a bad attitude.

Show me your precious facts that the New Beetle is unsafe at highway speed and we'll call it a day. Until then, stop making baseless comments and insulting people.

You have a lot to learn newb....
Old 06-07-2006 | 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by S2020,Jun 2 2006, 07:13 PM
http://www.parkplaceltd.com/pages/fi...e.aspx?id=5082

192mph claim is kinda hard to believe with 4wd and such high Cd.
hey I was at the shop a few hours ago! traffic is horrible in bellevue..........

Quick Reply: with enough money, any car can be made fast