Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Ecclestone's interview

Old 06-22-2005, 02:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01,Jun 22 2005, 02:12 PM
Besides this guy who has been saying women can't drive race cars?
Well, I'd be lying if I said I never said a sexist remark or joke, but what's the deal w/ him calling her up on her cell to make the same sexist remark?
Old 06-22-2005, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01,Jun 22 2005, 02:12 PM
Besides this guy who has been saying women can't drive race cars? Not many do it, but that doesn't mean they aren't capable. It may have been a crack at all the media coverage that only focused on the fact that she was a woman. I think she is very unprofessional for draping her little ass all over cars in her race suit. She is capatializing on her sex appeal and buying in to the "woman racer" hype instead of making the focus her driving. His coment was out of line, the media coverage (about the hot female racer)has been totally stupid and the fact she has been playing it up damages her credibility as a professional. You don't see michael shumacher pracing around in his underwear, but I admit no one wants to see that either!! But, just because people want to buy it, doesn't mean you have to sell it.
I do agree that she shouldn't be doing the modeling thing. There is no reason for it and it takes away from what her real profession is. I recall someone asking, on this forum or another, when is she going to do Playboy. My response was that if she had even 1/2 a brain, never.

Granted, I don't think it hurt Jim Palmer, back in his playing days, to do underwear commercials. However, it is one thing to sell clothing and another to sell yourself suggestively. No, she ought to go the "America's Sweetheart" route and stick to trying to win races against all those big bad men.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by ScottB,Jun 22 2005, 03:55 PM
I do agree that she shouldn't be doing the modeling thing. There is no reason for it and it takes away from what her real profession is. I recall someone asking, on this forum or another, when is she going to do Playboy. My response was that if she had even 1/2 a brain, never.

Granted, I don't think it hurt Jim Palmer, back in his playing days, to do underwear commercials. However, it is one thing to sell clothing and another to sell yourself suggestively. No, she ought to go the "America's Sweetheart" route and stick to trying to win races against all those big bad men.
Why can't she Model? Michael Jordan and his underwear commericals is modeling for Hanes too. So Michael Jordan should just play basketball and forget the stupid modeling gig?

Please let people make money as they like...
Old 06-22-2005, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by marthafokker,Jun 22 2005, 04:05 PM
Why can't she Model? Michael Jordan and his underwear commericals is modeling for Hanes too. So Michael Jordan should just play basketball and forget the stupid modeling gig?

Please let people make money as they like...
I don't recall saying she didn't have the right to make money any way she wants. She does. I suggested (because she is reading this forum right...) that going the suggestive modeling route is a bad idea. My opinion.

Michael Jordan is no different than the analogy I used with Jim Palmer. It is one thing to model clothing on national TV. It is another to wear skimpy outfits and do sexy poses just to titillate.

Look, I am no prude. I enjoy looking at women just as much as the next guy. I am just making a comment as if I were her agent and because it is being discussed here. I think it is a bad move for her. However, believe me I won't lose sleep over it one way or the other.

Lastly, and this is just being realistic, but there is a double-standard at play here. She is a women breaking into a "man's sport". I don't think she should be more manly and wear pant suites. However, I think she should be more professional. Call attention to your driving skills not your ability to go spread eagle over a muscle car.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:52 AM

More on Danica's reponse:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/3711152
Old 06-23-2005, 10:44 AM

Bernie is an ass, and this whole Danica mess is just perfect right now as it is just more crap on top of the FIA pile after the Indy F1 'race'.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Jun 23 2005, 10:44 AM
Bernie is an ass, and this whole Danica mess is just perfect right now as it is just more crap on top of the FIA pile after the Indy F1 'race'.
Yea, it seems this year would be BOTH one of the best years as well as one of the worst years of car racing...
Old 06-23-2005, 03:44 PM

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Jun 23 2005, 01:44 PM
Old 06-23-2005, 04:19 PM

[QUOTE=marthafokker,Jun 23 2005, 12:05 AM] Why can't she Model?
Old 06-23-2005, 08:41 PM

so whose gonna post up a pic of her in this white outfit??!!

Quick Reply: Ecclestone's interview