Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

drove my friends 06 civic

Old 10-06-2005, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drove my friends 06 civic

hey guys... i just drove my friend 06 ex(si i think in USA, the one lower then the sir) civic!!!
wow it is a awsome car!!!! interior is beautiful!!!! drives smoothly, drives almost like a tsx!!! feels real quick too...it had mp3 player too... the motor is tiny!
and he was at half and he had 355 kms ... so it is really really good on gas!
hate to say it but i would rather buy this then the rsx
Old 10-06-2005, 06:57 PM

Received 81 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 4doorj,Oct 6 2005, 05:37 PM
hey guys... i just drove my friend 06 ex(si i think in USA, the one lower then the sir) civic!!!
I would guess that the Canadian market Civic ex you drove is equivalent to the ex in the US market and not the si. The US si is equivalent to the Canadian sir.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 4doorj,Oct 6 2005, 09:37 PM
wow it is a awsome car!!!! interior is beautiful!!!! drives smoothly, drives almost like a tsx!!! feels real quick too...it had mp3 player too... the motor is tiny!
and he was at half and he had 355 kms ... so it is really really good on gas!
hate to say it but i would rather buy this then the rsx
I think you have it the other way around...

US <---> CA
Si = SiR
EX = EX-R
LX = EX
DX = LX

At least that's the case in previous models
Old 10-07-2005, 06:04 AM

oh i just found out last year we had the sir's...
so the canadian 05 sir=canadian 06 si
we dont have sirs anymore....haha my bad
Old 10-07-2005, 08:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I test drove a '06 Civic EX coupe yesterday and really liked it. It is a huge step up from past generations of the Civic. The interior design and quality is top notch. The engine and AT were very smooth, and the steering response was very quick and precise. Although I prefer manual transmissions, the 5-speed AT gets 2mpg better (rated). The steep rake of the windshield and different depths of gauges are a bit akward at first, but I'm sure with time they'll become very comfortable.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by S2kracka,Oct 7 2005, 08:05 AM
The steep rake of the windshield and different depths of gauges are a bit akward at first, but I'm sure with time they'll become very comfortable.
I didn't drive one, but I sat in one at the dealer and those were my observations also. The front windshield is HUGE, it is blended right into the short hood and is raked very steep. Because of the steep rake of the windshield, there are tiny windows in front of the side mirrors of the 4-door sedan (I don't know why the coupe do not have it because the windshield is just as steep). I also noticed the two sets of displays are at different distances, the top one is very very far away, and you have to adjust the steering wheel to not block it. Although it looks nice in pictures, it will take some time for me to get used to seeing the real car.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:46 AM

The coupe did have little windows in front of the side mirrors, but they are worthless. You really can't see anything out of the and the A-pillar is very large and does block a fairly large area. With that said, if I were in the market right now for compact car I wouldn't have to look much further. I'd probably go drive a Mazda 3 again, but other than that I can't think of much else. The dealership said they weren't willing to negotiate yet since all have been selling at MSRP thus-far. $19k does seem a bit steep though.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:27 AM

the shifter on the ex sucks imo....then again i've been spoiled as we all have
Old 10-07-2005, 01:11 PM

It's a 5 spd auto and I believe the auto runs a lower RPM on the highway than the manual!
Old 10-08-2005, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by cacophony82,Oct 7 2005, 06:27 PM
the shifter on the ex sucks imo....then again i've been spoiled as we all have
After the S2000 the only improvement can be a good paddle shift auto.
I drove a auto EX. I was impressed with it's upper rpm's, but it was a little slow off the line. For a people hauler it's going to be hard to beat for the money. For the slow start, it's to be expected for a car that gets 30 to 40 mpg.
The spedo took a little getting used to, but the controls were right there.
Planning on dumping my truck and getting one next fall once the new car hype is over with.

Quick Reply: drove my friends 06 civic