Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Driving the NEW CAMARO :)

Old 06-05-2009, 06:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think some people may want to look-up the definition for the word, "BLAND"
Old 06-05-2009, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interior looks are all about opinion, but I think that S2000 interior looks way better than the Camaro. I think the word to describe the Camaro interior is tacky, not bland. It has too much stuff going on with too many weird shapes sticking out. A lot of new cars take this route for their interiors though trying to be "stylish".
Old 06-05-2009, 10:36 AM

I don't think the Camaro interior is bland at all. I simply don't like all the weird shapes and general "busy" nonsense. I looks odd for the sake of being odd, not for the sake of style or purpose. I will reserve final judgment until I get behind the wheel and decide how it all works.

It's kinda hard to be that critical without being a bit of a hypocrite though. No one who buys a 400+hp SS with the LS3 is buying it because they want a "German" interior. No one who has sat in any $35k car in the last couple years could possibly think we have an interior in our S's that isn't a bit embarrassing either. It was marginal in 1999 at its price point and became tired a long time ago. But that's not why any of us bought one is it?
Old 06-05-2009, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT,May 23 2009, 12:36 PM
If you've ever driven an "original" Camaro, you'd take the 2009 model. Handling, steering and brakes are all horrible compared to a modern car, plus you get a better ride, air conditioning that works great, air bags, and other safety features.

Maybe I'd go the C.A.R.s route tough and build a 69 body with modern internals.

http://www.classicautomotiverestoration.co...key_camaro.h tml

Brand new -
Plus the V6 would probablr out perform the V8 anyways!
Old 06-06-2009, 08:37 PM

The Avis in Nashville (BNA) had a bunch on the lot when I picked up a Cobalt for the weekend. They wanted $110 a day. A bit too much in my eyes.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:06 PM

I don't know dudes... but that 420 hp model for low $30K sure looks nice. I think the thing is a hit. I would buy one no problem.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by S_nisen,May 25 2009, 12:24 PM
I never understood really why anyone takes the way any interior looks so drastic. I've never found myself in any car I have owned to just be staring at the interior saying I wish my interior was more flashy. The Snisen's interior is almost as spartan as you can get, it has absolutely ZERO flash to it...which to me is PERFECT, wait I take that back it came with leather seats...YUCK!!!. People needing gizmos and whatever else just makes me shake my head and wonder why? Save the interior design for your home. Keep sports cars just that sports cars with minimalist interiors. Their purpose is to be driven and not show items or tickle me Elmo feel good pieces. The only thing I don't like about the new Camaro's interior is the seats, they are not sport seats by any means, hell even one person above stated how they look nice and cushy...WTF?!?! They don't belong in this car, where is the side bolstering, wait this is a Camaro, they are meant to go left and right at high rates of speed. Just kidding, but damn they could of at least put in some proper seats or did they do that to be able to fit the majority of overweight Americans into it?
Because the interior is where you spend the majority of your time with a car. Don't confuse flashy or tons of gadgets with quality either. Spartan interiors can be the best ones, and YES the S2000 is a great example. It comes down to an inherent sense of quality, found across the board-- design, material and construction.

Typically American cars are completely lost when it comes to this. The new CTS is one of the first ones that has nailed it. The Camro looks much better than average, but not up to Audi/BMW/Lexus standards either. In the OPs pics in particular, even though it is stylish, there are still hints of that generic cheapness that the Domestics can't seem to shake.