Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Driving the NEW CAMARO :)

Old 05-24-2009, 03:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2007 Zx-10,May 23 2009, 09:23 AM
these "throw back" cars puzzle me a little....why not just get a '69 Camaro (looks the same) with a 454 big block if you really want to haul ass in a straight line and get attention
god damn you are stupid
Old 05-24-2009, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its funny that all this bashing about the interior is coming from s2000 owners.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:34 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

69 Camaro is one of my favorite all time cars

The 2010 is a poor execution by a sinking company to get the "boomers" to live in the past

No thanks GM

69 Z/28 RS

Old 05-25-2009, 09:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris S,May 24 2009, 01:56 PM
They're not renting it out - Avis is. I wouldn't buy one, but the new Camaro looks nice to me - my favorite gen of it yet.
I know that. its amazing that they are already selling them in bulk / fleet to rental car companies.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:24 AM

I never understood really why anyone takes the way any interior looks so drastic. I've never found myself in any car I have owned to just be staring at the interior saying I wish my interior was more flashy. The Snisen's interior is almost as spartan as you can get, it has absolutely ZERO flash to it...which to me is PERFECT, wait I take that back it came with leather seats...YUCK!!!. People needing gizmos and whatever else just makes me shake my head and wonder why? Save the interior design for your home. Keep sports cars just that sports cars with minimalist interiors. Their purpose is to be driven and not show items or tickle me Elmo feel good pieces. The only thing I don't like about the new Camaro's interior is the seats, they are not sport seats by any means, hell even one person above stated how they look nice and cushy...WTF?!?! They don't belong in this car, where is the side bolstering, wait this is a Camaro, they are meant to go left and right at high rates of speed. Just kidding, but damn they could of at least put in some proper seats or did they do that to be able to fit the majority of overweight Americans into it?
Old 05-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by S_nisen,May 25 2009, 09:24 AM
The only thing I don't like about the new Camaro's interior is the seats, they are not sport seats by any means, hell even one person above stated how they look nice and cushy...WTF?!?! They don't belong in this car, where is the side bolstering, wait this is a Camaro, they are meant to go left and right at high rates of speed. Just kidding, but damn they could of at least put in some proper seats or did they do that to be able to fit the majority of overweight Americans into it?
That was me. And I said cushy and comfy. WTF?!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 06:54 PM

The new Camaros are extremely good looking cars. I'd love to own one or even rent one for a few hours.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:42 PM

What exactly does "exciting" mean?

Slap some fake aluminum on the steering wheel and some colorful back lit gauges? The more egregious and outlandishly done the better?

I'll stick with functional and of high quality, thanks. Sure, the piano black accents on the Mazda3 look great... for a few minutes. And then they're covered with dust and scratches, same goes for the rest of semi-glossy black interior. I'll take mine in unexciting dull matte-black thanks. A wee bit of shinies is a small price to pay to not have to wipe down the dash every 30 minutes. And I'm not a fan of having my retinas burnt out by the garish light show coming from my dash either. It's a car, not a rave.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:22 AM

Interior is fine for me.
LOL at the comment saying these bitchings are coming from S2000 owners.
I can tolerate some blandness in interior styling if the car has other features that attracts me.
Interior of an Evo 8/9 for example, looks not only bland, but extremely cheap. But I can live with that because the car performs brilliantly.

I've driven the 2010 Camaro SS for a few days, and I gotta say I really enjoyed driving it.
You're entitled to your opinions and I respect that.
But majority of people think this Camaro is a very nice effort from "a sinking ship".

Dan
Old 06-04-2009, 11:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nearwater4me,May 26 2009, 07:22 AM
Interior is fine for me.
LOL at the comment saying these bitchings are coming from S2000 owners.
I can tolerate some blandness in interior styling if the car has other features that attracts me.
Interior of an Evo 8/9 for example, looks not only bland, but extremely cheap. But I can live with that because the car performs brilliantly.

I've driven the 2010 Camaro SS for a few days, and I gotta say I really enjoyed driving it.
You're entitled to your opinions and I respect that.
But majority of people think this Camaro is a very nice effort from "a sinking ship".

Dan
Wth? the first bland comment came from a non s2000 owner. I compared to a civic SI, you know...when your interior looks like a civic SI, that is bland, or a corolla, or a camry, or an accord. Sit in a C class even, and you'll understand why some people want to buy german cars. The interior, the fine attention to detail. that interior....of the camaro. Aiya, disaster. I guess some people just have no standards.

Quick Reply: Driving the NEW CAMARO :)