Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

drive an atom for a day

Old 11-16-2008, 09:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default drive an atom for a day

http://www.arielatomexperience.com/

so thats a link to a site where you can drive an atom. they have a private track where you can go and drive an atom, out of all the exotic car drives, this to me seems to be the best deal. i did this about six months ago and it was soooo much fun.

there are two options, a half day and a whole day, each you get either 3 or 6 times out on the track. last year the half day was about $500, i suggest the whole day if you are going to do it though. you get three extra sesions to do your own thing instead of the ones where you follow an instructor.

either way its really fun and compared to some of the other similar services that cost upwards of $5k, i think its a great deal, they feed you and take care of everything.

the way i see it is we al often spend upwards of $100 to track our own cars, and then there is wear and tear, this is a car you never have to see again when you are done.

also nothing against the s, but this is way more fun than tracking the s, atleast to me, i'm always worried about it.

there are more details on the site and details for next year should be up sometime next year. i also think that there are a couple vids on youtube about this.

i know its a bit of money, but i thought it was well worth it, though be careful, they are even more addicting that s2k's are, i've been looking for one ever since i went, the only thing stopping me is the $60k price tag.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG my favorite car in the world!, give me four years and i'm getting one

another five years and im getting the Lamborghini murcielago lp640

Old 11-17-2008, 12:28 AM

sounds good! lol a Atom for a day
Old 11-17-2008, 05:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have always wanted to do this! The Atom is the only realistic car I would trade my S for. If the half day is $500, how much is the full day? Around $1,000?
Old 11-17-2008, 06:12 AM
Former Moderator

crap, none in Cali
Old 11-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

big fun I'm sure...but I would still miss two wheels I bet
Old 11-17-2008, 09:20 AM

I did it last year and had a blast. I also took a trip back to Oregon with deposit in hand a year and a half ago when Brammo was building them. I did not get a very good vibe from them and was glad I did not place my order, or I probably still would not have my car and they would still have my deposit. I wish TMI good luck with the atom and hope they can make a great company around and outstanding car.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:05 AM

ya i expected that there would be some atom fans here, seeing how it is basically a more extreme s.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:23 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

The AAE is a Brammo thing, and they no longer build the US Atom so I think the AAE is gone. Notice that the most recent event date was for September 24 this year.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Elistan,Nov 17 2008, 11:23 AM
The AAE is a Brammo thing, and they no longer build the US Atom so I think the AAE is gone. Notice that the most recent event date was for September 24 this year.
TMI ran the AAE. Brammo just built the Atom and and got the AAE started. TMI being based out of Canada set up facilities in Virginia to build the Atom after Brammo folded its Atom production. Also most of the composite components are built by SOL composites who purchased the composite shop of Brammo. http://solcomposites.com/facilities.html

The best part of Brammo going out of the Atom buisness is that now the Atom 3 UK and the Atom 3 US will be the same car even the first 5 are being built with frames built in the UK. They are also hand building each one buy the same people from bare frame to finished car. Unlike the Brammo assembly line Atom.

Quick Reply: drive an atom for a day