Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Dont Buy The New Mazda 6 ... !

Old 07-09-2004, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steve c,Jul 10 2004, 12:34 AM
Not only that, one of the best selling cars in the world.

You come across a lot of ant-domestic stuff on this board ... personally as a car enthusiast I don't get it -- but hey whatever we can all have our opinions.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mwy23,Jul 9 2004, 09:13 AM
isnt the Mazda3 a Ford Focus?
There is an important distinction.

The Mazda 6 is built at a unionized Ford plant in the USA.

The Mazda 3 is built in Japan. The Volvo S40, also using the same platform as the Focus, is built in Europe.

I just feel that the Mazda 6 is not as well screwed together as the Mazda 3 or Volvo S40.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:25 AM

My sister drives and '99 Ford Contour that was built at one of the domestic unionized Ford plants, and let me tell you, this thing is seriously falling apart. It has 29k miles on it, and both my Talons (162k and 153k) are holding up better. The dash is coming apart, the front bumper is loose and drooping, the car gets horrible MPG, and the list goes on. The car has been well cared for its entire life....it just doesn't have the quality to back it.
Old 07-10-2004, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by steve c,Jul 9 2004, 04:34 PM
You come across a lot of ant-domestic stuff on this board ... personally as a car enthusiast I don't get it -- but hey whatever we can all have our opinions.
We've had the pleasure here in this Forum of hearing some union autoworker horror stories (some contributed by members who are actual union workers themselves) - too bad you weren't around then.
Old 07-10-2004, 05:28 PM

I think I should throw in my comment here. Judging by the surroundings in these images (and several videos I have seen recently), it appears this is in a Middle Eastern country. I've seen several videos lately of what appears to be guys having fun messing around with everyday four doors (Camrys seem to be the favored car, but not the only car used) by driving them really fast in the streets of whatever Arab city, and then turning sharply to see what happens.

Many of these reckless activities involve cars flipping and crashing and various other unsafe consequences. While I have no idea what really happened to this Mazda 6, I would throw in these questionable street activites as a likely cause. I personally can't imagine what other incident could've produced such a ball of tinfoil as that.

If this was a case of what I believe it to be, than no amount of quality in the production process at the Mazda plant in the US would've prevented pure, dripping human stupidity in the use of the vehicle.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:35 PM

Well either that Mazda 6 got hit by a train, or rammed into an Accord that had stopped short du to one of the defective transmissions, and then the '6' was hit by newer CR-V that caught fire - LOL

Whatever happened to that '6' would have similar results to ANY car.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by 6speed8,Jul 10 2004, 07:35 PM
Well either that Mazda 6 got hit by a train, or rammed into an Accord that had stopped short du to one of the defective transmissions, and then the '6' was hit by newer CR-V that caught fire - LOL

Whatever happened to that '6' would have similar results to ANY car.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:09 AM

[QUOTE]My sister drives and '99 Ford Contour that was built at one of the domestic unionized Ford plants, and let me tell you, this thing is seriously falling apart. It has 29k miles on it, and both my Talons (162k and 153k) are holding up better.

If anything has worse quality than an eagle/mitsubishi, then it must be really bad
Old 07-11-2004, 10:11 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

zoom zoom went boom boom
Old 07-11-2004, 09:09 PM

My dad bought a Mazda 6 close to a year ago. He got the 4 cyl and all the bells and whistles available. He really loves the car. Having driven it, the car feels peepy. When he bought it, he was debating between that or and RSX and he chose the Mazda because it handled better.

Quick Reply: Dont Buy The New Mazda 6 ... !