Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Does anyone know who's cars these are?

Old 11-06-2012, 06:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

still wouldnt buy a turbo car from the dealer with a warranty. I wouldn't trust them to take care of a car that comes NA but is now turbo'd.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Lol walk away and you need to do lots of research!
turbo one is out

Originally Posted by suprmonky73
still wouldnt buy a turbo car from the dealer with a warranty. I wouldn't trust them to take care of a car that comes NA but is now turbo'd.
youre absolutly right

this is my 2nd choice if the cameleon one is out.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...382877004.html
i was told it just has intake an exhaust and im hoping thats it cuz this is a great deal!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/986...em-hardtop-nj/

consider this one or any other in the FS section - these guys have given a lot to the community and many can vouch for how well they treat their car. peace of mind in buying a used car is important. you dont wanna be that guy who asks for advice and then comes back a month asking how to fix X Y and Z because issues popped up on a car that you would have a hard time spotting when you're looking at buying one.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by suprmonky73
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/986...em-hardtop-nj/

consider this one or any other in the FS section - these guys have given a lot to the community and many can vouch for how well they treat their car. peace of mind in buying a used car is important. you dont wanna be that guy who asks for advice and then comes back a month asking how to fix X Y and Z because issues popped up on a car that you would have a hard time spotting when you're looking at buying one.
i have scowered the F/S section on this site and everything seems to be too far, like that yellow one. Gorgeous an would love to buy it but im trying to keep the purchase in socal and under $20k
but your absolutly right i dont want to worry about fixing up the car to stock
which is why im looking for one that has low miles an little mods as possible to avoid any problems. like this one(http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...382877004.html).finding one with a hard top is a plus too. pretty sure it has a roll cage too.

The cameleon one might be cheap enuff for me to get tho.
but heres a list of stuff for the cameleon one if anyone care to read. Still like it cuz the pro list. con list isnt even that bad for the right price.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...20356786&Log=0

2005 AP2 35k miles posted at $16.9k

PROS:
low miles
buddy club racing spec coilovers
wilwood 6 piston caliper bbk
Volk Rims
J's racing carbon hood
J's Racing Carbon intake
J's racing Race header
J's Racing exhaust
J's racing rear bumper
BDL throttle body
easy $10k in parts with the naked eye

CONS:
painted a cameleon green orange
two broken wheel studs
tires are crap
had a J's Racing front bumper but was broken an replaced an attempted to paint match with oem ap2 front bumper
previously turboed
1st gear kinda sticks not bad tho
engine might have been swapped(found a thread that the previous owner was looking to trade his turbo f22c1 for a stock one)
didnt feel that fast, compression off possibly
check engine light and no cat (they said they would take care of that for me)
J's racing carbon hood was painted a flat black (smh)

I took a small mirrior on a extended handle to look for the vin infront of fire wall but i just couldnt see it. I told them do a compression test for me and ill make you an offer, before i left i asked how much are you asking again? and the salesman said $10.9k so if that is true ill buy this bitch in a min so long as the compression test comes out normal.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:17 AM

BUMP!!
does anyone know the member LORDNIKON0612?
i just wanna sk him some questions about his previous S2k!!
he hasnt been on the forum since 2010 but someones gotta have his email or something!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:01 PM

Ok guys I was able to get a hold of the original owner of the cameleon s2k he had the motor swapped and then the owner after him super charged it an f@#ked up the motor an got rid of it. So im wondering if I should bring this to the attention of the dealership its at now. I would love all the parts it has. So maybe buy it part it out an possible make a prophet what do you guys think.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:00 PM

Not sure if its worth making a prophet with the world possiblly ending soon...but if January does come around then I say go for it