Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Dodge Lancer?

Old 06-11-2003, 08:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dodge Lancer?

I was at my local DMV when I got talking to this guy who just couldn't appreciate foreign cars. He asked what kind of car I had and when I told him an S he laughed and said I should of just spent the money on 2 Neon SRT's. I'm a pretty calm and easy going person but I wanted to smack the sh!t out of him after that remark. I stayed calm and told him that I'd rather have a Mitsubishi Lancer or WRX STI then a Dodge and he laughed again and told me the Neon would blow those cars away. Then he proceeded to brag about his 87 Dodge Shelby Lancer and how it could spank my car in any type of race. He also added how he has beaten an S with a minivan and how his Dodge has beat WRX's and Lightnings. I couldn't even talk to the guy anymore because I was afraid I would start yelling and make a seen. American car lovers have such a arrogant attitudes towards imports,at least most the ones I met. I don't like American cars but I can appreciate and have respect for some of the big horsepower V8s.

Anyway, I really want to just shut this guy up. Anyone know what a Dodge Lancer can do. I know it is a 4 cyclinder turbo, automatic, and 4 door. What kind of power can these things put out, I really doubt enough to completly smoke me.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.xmission.com/~dempsey/shelby/sheldod5.htm
Old 06-11-2003, 08:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could buy 15-20 of these for the price of a S2000!

Old 06-11-2003, 08:38 PM

In Japan one could argue there are two different cultures: The village culture, which is highly conformist and overly polite, and the ocean culture, which is more audacious and free thinking. Same applies here in the states

**flame suit on**
Old 06-11-2003, 08:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was the Lancer similar to the Shadow? My mom had one of those turbo Shadows back in the day. That thing was a peice of crap, it had all types of problems.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:19 PM

Whoah - for a second there I thought you were going to describe a Dodge-badged version of the Mitsu Lancer or Evo, sorta like the Stealth R/T was to the 3000 GT. Most Dodge products of the 1980's were disasters, but what you say about lovers of American cars is trollish and completely off-base. The fact is that import fanboys are by far the greater bigots nowadays.

Speaking as the owner of two JP cars and zero US cars.
Old 06-12-2003, 05:58 AM

Those are impressive stats... almost 90 mph in the 1/4. Look out, if you fell asleep he might beat you.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:23 AM

If the guy actually knew what he was saying he would have known that the Neon SRT4 had a mitsubishi engine just like the Stratus R/T has a Mitsubishi V6 from the newer gen EclipseGT, and as mentioned earlier the Stealth models shared the same engines with the 3000GT models.
Old 06-12-2003, 09:25 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

An '87 Dodge Shelby Lancer was the spawn that resulted when Chrysler paid Carrol Shelby to force a Chrysler K car to commit some sort of bestiality upon a Plymount Horizon 024. The resultant offspring spent most of its days hiding from Corvettes, Trans Ams and Camaros, only to come out when a Honda Civic or a Skoda ventured by. That was back in the days when people didn't have a clue about FWD torque steer and a few hapless Lancer owners who bumped up the HP found themselves spinning tires and heading for the gutter and an untimely appointment with a fire hydrant.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:40 AM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by revhi
[B]I was at my local DMV when I got talking to this guy who just couldn't appreciate foreign cars.

Quick Reply: Dodge Lancer?