Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Dodge is better?

Old 11-21-2002, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nastinupe1
[B] Soon, everyone compact under $20,000 will be running 14's and 0-60 times of sub 6.0's.
Old 11-21-2002, 05:36 PM

Originally posted by yellow2001

Why should honda release a new S to complete with a $20,000 car?
Why not?
What if today it's not Neon but Civic Si making more than 240hp... Who would still
be buying the S2000?
Old 11-21-2002, 05:56 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JT-KGY
[B]
Who would still
Old 11-21-2002, 06:03 PM

Originally posted by sireousrex

ME!!! I drive an S2000 not because it is the most powerful car on the road, but because I like it. The S2000 is a convertable, has stunning looks and supurb handling as well. A Civic with 1000 HP or ft/lbs of torque is STILL A CIVIC.
Not saying it should be the most powerful car on the road (it's not even close anyways)...
but it should come with enough power to be comparable in it's (~30k) class...
It actually still is....

Otherwise... S2000 could just come with 115hp Civic DX engines... M3 could come with
older 318i engines.... Hey, why not put in a Hyundai engine in the new Lambo?? and sell
it for a much lower $250k???? It looks so damn good I'm sure people would still buy??
Old 11-21-2002, 06:05 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Initially I noticed it says "Enthusiast" rather than "Owner" under your name, and I was going to comment that it's a good thing you don't own the car, because it doesn't seem to be what you're looking for (based on this thread, and other threads I've seen you post in).

But later in the thread you claim you own one and like the car. I'm not doubting you, but what exactly is it that you like about this car? Handling doesn't seem to be something you are concerned about (or at least it's not something I've seen you talk about). It's always straight line speed and torque, and I don't think these were the primary concern of Honda folks when they made this car (or for that matter any of their other cars). So what exactly is it that you like about this car over, say, a Mustang or a Camaro? Is it the aesthetics... or... what?

I'm just a little confused here...
Old 11-21-2002, 06:16 PM

Originally posted by PeaceLove&S2K
Initially I noticed it says "Enthusiast" rather than "Owner" under your name, and I was going to comment that it's a good thing you don't own the car, because it doesn't seem to be what you're looking for (based on this thread, and other threads I've seen you post in).

But later in the thread you claim you own one and like the car. I'm not doubting you, but what exactly is it that you like about this car? Handling doesn't seem to be something you are concerned about (or at least it's not something I've seen you talk about). It's always straight line speed and torque, and I don't think these were the primary concern of Honda folks when they made this car (or for that matter any of their other cars). So what exactly is it that you like about this car over, say, a Mustang or a Camaro? Is it the aesthetics... or... what?

I'm just a little confused here...
Are you referring to me? or the thread starter?
Old 11-21-2002, 06:56 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[B]

Why not?
What if today it's not Neon but Civic Si making more than 240hp... Who would still
Old 11-22-2002, 10:10 AM

It does not matter at all to me as to who has a faster car, as I don't "street race". I buy a car for how it performs overall, not just raw acceleration. Don't get me wrong, acceleration is a variable, but not the only reason to purchase. I buy based on acceleration, handling, braking, features, styling, comfort, reliabilty, and cost.

If you buy based only on acceleration and cost, the Neon is your car. But you will sacrafice handling, braking, features, styling comfort, and lastly RELIABILITY. "Dodge is better?"
Old 11-22-2002, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the most RETARDED thread ever! I open it up to see if Dodge has come out with some kind of supercar and all I see is bitchingnupe1 whining and moaning (yet again) about how the Neon SRT has tons more power and TORQUE than the S2k does... GIVE IT A REST SON! If torque and straightline acceleration are that important to you.. and it appears that it is with all the damn posts you've made on the topic, WHY NOT GO BUY A SUPRA TT?! Yeesh, I don't know about anyone else here but I am sick and tired of your bitching.. If you are sooo hungup on the lack of torque, why don't you write a friggin letter to Honda about it instead of making a zillion posts about it here??
Old 11-22-2002, 10:51 AM

[B]

Why not?

Quick Reply: Dodge is better?