Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

A dinosaur beats out 2 pigs. :D

Old 05-30-2009, 10:18 AM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

I am going to have to agree with ZX-10 here.

I know that you guys like to go on and on about how he makes every thread about the rx7, but you guys interpret everything that he says as a reference to his rx7, even when that is clearly not the case.

Pot meet the kettle.

Furthermore, I really like car talk... for the most part. Before I started frequenting this forum I really was closeminded to many other cars. I now have a broad appreciation for cars, and car talk has largely contributed to that.

However, this whole "every car is awesome" mentality that seems to be taking over, is retarded.

I think that every single one of these new muscles cars sucks two dicks. The mustang seems to suck the least in that it sucks no more, maybe even less, than it always has, but these other two are just obscenely big. All of you guys that have a boner for anything sporty make no sense to me. Certainly everyone can agree that each of these cars would be better/ more sporty if they weren't the size of aircraft carrriers. There is just no need for that. I have a terrible feeling that if they came out with a new line of sport minivans that you guys would think they are cool too because "hey man, some people like to have practicality and sportiness." Yeah, that's great, but how ####ing big does a car need to before people start considering it to be practical?

Before you start in with the, "well not everyone wants a miata/ s2000"that's great. I get that. But what person honestly needs 2 door car that is that huge? Seriously? You can get some respectable large 2 door sporty cars that are dwarfed by these bohemoths. The audi s5, the bmw 335 coupe, the hyundai genesis coupe, the g37, the 6 series. All of these are fairly large coupes to one degree or another and they are all considerably smaller than the challenger/ camaro.

I took a picture of a challenger sitting next to a scion XB at a restaurant last night. I'll post it up when I get back home/ on my computer. The roof of the challenger is just a few inches lower than the xb, a goddamn minivan.

Also, anyone that thinks any of these cars will outhandle an FD is out of their minds. Unless that course is all straights, none of these cars would stand a chance, especially not against a modified FD such as ZX10's.

I think ZX10 is full of shit on many of the things that he says, but that doesn't mean that he is full of shit with everything that he says.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

17mpg overall for the stang and 14mpg for the SS Camaro. Yes yes, lets mod to hell. I look forward to 9mpg as gas creeps up once again.

Forgot to mention the SS runs on premium and the Stang on regular.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:32 AM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

here is the pic I mentioned.

The pic doesn't even do it justice. It reminds me of when I was a kid and I would have toys of different scale. It's not just that it is bigger, it's like it's bigger but still proportioned like a smaller car making everything seem out of whack.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednine,May 29 2009, 02:55 PM

I get a kick out of guys like you. You slam everyone else's ride but when someone slams yours you throw a nut...

And by the way, don't pm me ever again. This isn't the 'alternative lifestyle' forum on mazda.com.
The guy is a complete nutcase with as much going wrong in his brain as a stock RX7. I also received the lovely PMs with curse words the first time I disagreed with him back in the day. The funny and truly ironic thing is that if I now quote anything he says and dispute it, he will call me the stalker.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to admit that I was a bit surprised C&D didn't pic the new Camaro as the winner, but after I read the article, I wasn't so surprised. In fact, it made me want to go drive the new Mustang GT. (doubt I will, though)
Old 05-30-2009, 09:11 PM

Came out of a restaurant last night and there was a new Camaro SS parked right next to my S2000. I was so happy to be getting in the S2000. There's no excuse for car's to be that big and bulky looking.

This retro muscle car era can't pass soon enough. Big motors in big cars is just boring to me. How can the same company that brings us the Z06 and ZR1 bore us with such a boat of a car.

If you're a true car enthusiasts there's so much more to owning a fine performance car than tire shredding and acceleration numbers. For the money I'd rather buy an S2000 CR, C6 Z51, or 370Z over any of these mules. And if back seats were a must, Evo X or STI would be another easy pick over these detroit dinosaurs.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:19 PM

Well if you want to get down to it, if you're a true car enthusiast, you're open to all types of cars, not just the ones that fit your own personal preference. While there's plenty of stuff I don't agree with and whatnot, I still say to the people that enjoy their own niche.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by GinoGT,May 31 2009, 12:19 AM
Well if you want to get down to it, if you're a true car enthusiast, you're open to all types of cars, not just the ones that fit your own personal preference. While there's plenty of stuff I don't agree with and whatnot, I still say to the people that enjoy their own niche.
I guess, but I'd say 75% of the people that buy one of these 3 vehicles are buying them based on an "image" they want to acquire, not on what the car brings to the table. So I don't consider them true enthusiasts.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Brownergy,May 30 2009, 10:11 PM]Came out of a restaurant last night and there was a new Camaro SS parked right next to my S2000.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:58 AM

Received 124 Likes on 101 Posts

[QUOTE=Silverstreak HX,May 30 2009, 09:59 PM]I can't believe you think the Camaro is big and the Corvette is not!

Quick Reply: A dinosaur beats out 2 pigs. :D