Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

A dinosaur beats out 2 pigs. :D

Old 05-29-2009, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2007 Zx-10,May 29 2009, 12:11 PM
um, no, you need to "wake the hell up", I rountinely obliterate Mustangs (short of the sc Cobras) at will, actually one of my favorite victims

I get a kick out of guys like you. You slam everyone else's ride but when someone slams yours you throw a nut...

And by the way, don't pm me ever again. This isn't the 'alternative lifestyle' forum on mazda.com.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:04 PM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 2007 Zx-10,May 29 2009, 12:11 PM
um, no, you need to "wake the hell up", I rountinely obliterate Mustangs (short of the sc Cobras) at will, actually one of my favorite victims
are you saying that your FD cannot beat sc Cobras?
Old 05-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Banned

not in a straight line, modded Cobras have 500+....I may be bold, but I ain't dumb

it order to take one down you would need a single turbo FD with about 425 rwhp, which is easily done, but I'm not there right now...remember, the Cd and frontal area on a Mustang sucks, so the advantage only increases once you get past 100 mph, not to mention the extra 800 pounds of lead
Old 05-29-2009, 02:18 PM

lol @ at a 35K mustang with a chassis from the mid 90's and some plastic surgery on the outside. 270rwhp stock mustang compared to a 370rwhp stock camaro, especially coupled with the LS3's stellar ability to be modded (50rwhp from headers and a tune, no CAI, stock cats/catback), - there is no comparison. keep in mind the mustang got the better road handling numbers from the "track pack" and better tires.

lets wait and see what this 5.0 coyote motor will do to the mustang.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rednine,May 29 2009, 12:55 PM

I get a kick out of guys like you. You slam everyone else's ride but when someone slams yours you throw a nut...

And by the way, don't pm me ever again. This isn't the 'alternative lifestyle' forum on mazda.com.
I found a picture of him on the interwebs

Someone edit in a pic of an modded FD and the image will be complete.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nearwater4me,May 29 2009, 05:50 AM
Yeah, C&D sucks.
I can see how the Mustang feels lighter and tighter around corners, but I doubt it can beat the Camaro in a straight up performance camparison.
It'll be interesting to see the Mustang w/ the Coyote engine vs. the Camaro SS.

Dan
What the hell, dude? Who said the Mustang beats the Camaro in acceleration?

They liked the Mustang better because the Track pack made the car have better driving and steering feels than the other two; kinda like how the RX8 or S2000 have won multiple times because of their driving dynamics even though they were slower than the other cars.

I have little reason to doubt C&D. Maybe the Track pack made a huge difference and being 500 pounds lighter also helped with the driving dynamics.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kchandra,May 29 2009, 10:03 AM
Top Gear USA also raved about the track pack and said its a bargain for the price...
I haven't driven one with the Track pack, but plenty of automotive magazines have raved about it. Now, are you guys gonna diss Top Gear as well because they liked the Mustang? Personally, I couldn't care less about the Mustang, but I have little reason to doubt C&D's choice regarding the driving dynamics of the lightest car with the optional track package.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Deception,May 29 2009, 05:58 AM
Motor Trend did the same 3 way match up. Camaro won that one overall.
camaro 13.0sec 1/4 mile
stang 13.6sec 1/4 mile
challenger slower
they also raved about how well the mustang handled, so its not like its just a fluke.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rednine,May 29 2009, 10:20 AM
LMAO
And to think, each of these fat pigs would blow each of your cars off the road and probably on a road course as well.

Wake the hell up!

Some people want a sporty, well handling torqueless car with a high revving engine but a hell of a lot more people want a torquey, not so bad handling, fixed roof 4 passenger car that can rip you a new hole from the factory.

Damn, do you honestly believe the world revolves around your car?

Especially an old Miata that was never known for being much in the first place...
Hey these 3 pony cars are refreshing after all those mindless trucks , SUV's and boring generic sedans from Detroit. Look back at the Barrett-Jackson auctions and look at what some of the pony cars from the 60's and early 70's are selling for. These new pony cars are the reincarnation of the style/performance of the past that to me is what Detroit did best - Tire smokin style!
Now to nitpick the rear taillight redesign on the Mustang just plain sux . They had it right on the previous model so why did they have to screw it up? The Camaro looks better in person than it does in pics but the interior could have been a little better. Interior looks ok but does not WOW like the exterior . Why does GM have to cheapen every interior?? If that is your trademark time to rethink that one.
Now the Challenger has the Super WOW on looks but dang is that thing Huge. The other thing I hate is the fact that it does not curve inward below the mid body line like the original making the new one a little slab sided in certain angles.
The thing about the sporty well handling high revver vs. the 4 passenger torque monster . Why does it have to be one or the other? My thoughts are Yes please 1 of each!!
Old 05-30-2009, 10:02 AM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 2007 Zx-10,May 29 2009, 01:30 PM
not in a straight line, modded Cobras have 500+....I may be bold, but I ain't dumb

it order to take one down you would need a single turbo FD with about 425 rwhp, which is easily done, but I'm not there right now...remember, the Cd and frontal area on a Mustang sucks, so the advantage only increases once you get past 100 mph, not to mention the extra 800 pounds of lead
I thought you were talking about stock cobras.

man you need to step it up. My buddy's daily driven civic destroys 500 hp cobras.

Quick Reply: A dinosaur beats out 2 pigs. :D