Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

A dinosaur beats out 2 pigs. :D

Old 05-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Three boats. A "winner" is like picking the best fat chick. No thanks.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:20 AM

LMAO
And to think, each of these fat pigs would blow each of your cars off the road and probably on a road course as well.

Wake the hell up!

Some people want a sporty, well handling torqueless car with a high revving engine but a hell of a lot more people want a torquey, not so bad handling, fixed roof 4 passenger car that can rip you a new hole from the factory.

Damn, do you honestly believe the world revolves around your car?

Especially an old Miata that was never known for being much in the first place...
Old 05-29-2009, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by vader1,May 29 2009, 06:02 AM
I don't get it. Most of us on here picked an S2000 for various reasons when there were other cars out there that beat it in the speed category. We talk about how it handles and its fun to drive, yada yada. So now when a bunch of people drive all three and pick the Mustang as the winner, its somehow a rag?

NONE of the three cars are on my list of desired vehicles, but it does not shock me that the car that is still quick and the lightest of the three by hundreds of pounds is the winner.

I don't find it surprising at all.
Problem is, the difference between the Ford and the Chevy is not like comparing an S2k to other faster cars.
Have you driven both?
I have, and I can tell you that while the Mustang had SLIGHT better steering feel, the power delivery, braking, chassis balance seemed better on the Camaro SS.
One thing I liked about the Mustang over the Chevy was the exhaust tone.

You talking like I have dissed a lighter, more fun car compared to a muscle.
Not the case here. It's like they were basically comparing an s2k w/ a miata and picked the Mazda as a winner.

Dan
Old 05-29-2009, 09:58 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Did you drive a Mustang GT with the Track Pack, like they did? There's apparently a big difference between it and a base GT...
Old 05-29-2009, 10:03 AM

I was on the ford site and tried to build a premium GT and could not choose the track pack - I wanted to see the costs etc. Top Gear USA also raved about the track pack and said its a bargain for the price...
Old 05-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by nearwater4me,May 29 2009, 11:44 AM
Have you driven both?
I have driven none of them. The last Mustang I drove was a rental vert back in about 2004 and I did not care for it.

Just merely pointing out when a few people pick a car over another after driving them all back to back on the same course, I value their opinion even if it is not my own. And I value a car to me that is fun. One of the most fun rides I ever had was thrashing and old 87 cheese wedge MR2. Slow and ancient by today's standards, I still would probably like the experince more than a 4000 pound car that can shed rubber anywhere.

My point is, to each their own. The final judge will the indiviuals that buy them. If you think you S2000 is the greatest car, good for you. If its a Camaro, fantastic. I just don't see the point when a magazine writer states the one he likes they get called a fraud or something. Hey, it could be like the old Motor Trend comparo's where they compare three cars and don't pick a winner so as not to offend those who buy ad space. We compare three cars and don't have the backbone to form an opinion!

I like C&D myself. They are not afraid to call a spade a spade and find the magazine entertaining.

But this will be a two car comparo soon. I don't think the Challenger will last more than another model year or two. (btw gas is starting to go up again) But its probably more plausible to worry about the future of GM and Chrysler and if they survive as a company rather than wondering if an individual model will make it.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:30 AM

Received 124 Likes on 101 Posts

I wouldn't buy any of these cars, but surely the Camaro SS should have PUMMELED the Mustang in the "powertrain" and "gotta have it" categories. ???

C&D's scheme of inventing numbers to describe their subjective opinions in order to give the appearance of an objective "winner" is pretty dumb.

Just describe the car and let the reader decide based on his own priorities.

Ah well, all the U.S. mags are crap anyway. 99% industry cheerleading.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:53 AM

^Sad but true. I mostly read mags for entertainment rather than information on anything other than specs. If I really wanted to learn about a car, I'd test drive one.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:01 AM

[QUOTE=2007 Zx-10,May 29 2009, 09:13 AM]Three boats.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rednine,May 29 2009, 09:20 AM
LMAO
And to think, each of these fat pigs would blow each of your cars off the road and probably on a road course as well.

Wake the hell up!
um, no, you need to "wake the hell up", I rountinely obliterate Mustangs (short of the sc Cobras) at will, actually one of my favorite victims

Quick Reply: A dinosaur beats out 2 pigs. :D