Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Demon 170

Old 03-27-2023, 08:27 AM

Received 85 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by The Raptor
And it handles liker a truck!
Cmon! You know people that buy this aren't gonna care about how it handles or how heavy it is, or whether it's blah blah blah. We used to call it dk swinging, and for some that's enough. More power to them, (no pun intended).
Old 03-28-2023, 04:59 AM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts

It actually handles pretty well for what it is (the challenger performance models, in general). Obviously this one is set up for straight line. Just about any car (and I do mean car) handles well enough to be beyond the capabilities of the average driver that doesn't know up from down or left from right.
Old 03-28-2023, 05:15 PM

Received 4,252 Likes on 3,308 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k
It actually handles pretty well for what it is (the challenger performance models, in general). Obviously this one is set up for straight line. Just about any car (and I do mean car) handles well enough to be beyond the capabilities of the average driver that doesn't know up from down or left from right.
What about front to back?
Old 04-04-2023, 06:23 PM

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

While it's somewhat interesting because of its power plant, I believe cars like this will be irrelevant. I know a lot of people are banking on cars like this to become valuable collectibles but I'm not convinced. Cars like this will be easily bettered by electric cars. IMO, the future of collectible and important cars isn't about which cars produce lots of power and have really fast 0-60 times. It's rather about cars that make you feel something. Fun and driver involvement will be king I think. And cars that were known for these qualities will be the desired ones. Meaning, hang on to your S2000!
Old 04-04-2023, 07:47 PM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K_VS
While it's somewhat interesting because of its power plant, I believe cars like this will be irrelevant. I know a lot of people are banking on cars like this to become valuable collectibles but I'm not convinced. Cars like this will be easily bettered by electric cars. IMO, the future of collectible and important cars isn't about which cars produce lots of power and have really fast 0-60 times. It's rather about cars that make you feel something. Fun and driver involvement will be king I think. And cars that were known for these qualities will be the desired ones. Meaning, hang on to your S2000!
I don’t agree. There are far too many Billy’s who value this sort of bullshit at hood up meets. Many will buy this thing just to front. It’ll hold value. This is the last dance for 100% petrol performance vehicles.
Old 04-05-2023, 08:22 AM

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

You said it yourself. It is about cars that make you feel something. Fun and driver involvement. There is no way an electric car is going to replicate the experience of powering off the line in a demon, despite that it may be (much) faster. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't buy one .
The following users liked this post:
WolfpackS2k (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 10:42 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

This will hold value for sure. It's a very unique muscle car and last of it's breed. If you can get it close to sticker, it'll be a no brainer vehicle to hold onto for 30+ years.
Old 04-05-2023, 12:35 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Ever hear of a Buick GNX?

I am positive that this car will appreciate in the next 30 years or longer. Collectability is based on desirability, not performance or even actual driving pleasure, although both have a hand in affecting desirability. Old muscle cars drive like dog crap, and despite their huge motors and power figures really can't really aren't that fast compared to modern cars, and yet they're super valuable.

The LX Mopar cars have a strong following, how else would Dodge been able to sell essentially the same car for so long. And this is a limited, highest performance, swan song version. Because in 30-40 years, the folks who owned them while they were young, or desired them, which is alot of them, will want to recapture that feeling, along with a myriad of other factors.

There was a time when the S2000CR and DC2R could be bought from the dealers brand new at a discount, and even more so in the used market, because the world at that point produced (and continue to) better cars.
Old 04-06-2023, 04:20 AM

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Good points especially the one about brand following. With only 3k being made, time will tell if it's enough rarity to matter.
The following users liked this post:
TheDonEffect (04-06-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 07:02 AM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts

Where did they state that they'll only product 3000? The articles I read said they'd build as many as they could sell.

Quick Reply: Demon 170