Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

decided to give my S2000 a playmate

Old 08-12-2013, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

6 speed or auto? The paddles on these are actually really good. I just drove one not too long ago which had some tune (I don't recall what it was) but the owner said it was making about 210 at the wheels and with cruise control set, he was getting 42 mpg on the highway. This car is really growing on me.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:28 AM

I'll have to dig out the picture of her in her bunny costume, i've got one somewhere, but yes, its true...usually shocks people when i tell them, until i provide proof

i do have some pretty awesome playboy cufflinks(real ones not something you can buy in a store)
and some actual playboy glasses from the bar there

Originally Posted by stauren1203
6 speed or auto? The paddles on these are actually really good. I just drove one not too long ago which had some tune (I don't recall what it was) but the owner said it was making about 210 at the wheels and with cruise control set, he was getting 42 mpg on the highway. This car is really growing on me.
ya know, i will say its the best auto trans car i've ever driven, but no, I went with a 6-speed, i get bored driving an auto

i love it so far, feels quicker down low than the S for sure, and drives very nice.....i've been tossing it into corners and haven't even had the rear come out on me at all, figured this thing was going to slide easier than it has proved to be haha
Old 08-12-2013, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Chris S
Originally Posted by AP1Driver' timestamp='1376265318' post='22718758
Sounds fun! Still think the car should've been branded by Toyota as the Celica to bring the name back and have some lineage behind it. Still an awesome little car. Don't think anything since the first gen Miata has gotten as much hype as the BRZ/FR-S.
They're trying to associate it w/ the AE86 Corolla, not the Celica.
Understood. A car very few people (especially my age) even know exist. I bet it would double the current sales volume if it would've been labeled Celica. The Celica started F/R, so it wouldn't be posing either
Old 08-12-2013, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by skurge
I'll have to dig out the picture of her in her bunny costume, i've got one somewhere, but yes, its true...usually shocks people when i tell them, until i provide proof

i do have some pretty awesome playboy cufflinks(real ones not something you can buy in a store)

Originally Posted by stauren1203' timestamp='1376330551' post='22720184
ya know, i will say its the best auto trans car i've ever driven, but no, I went with a 6-speed, i get bored driving an auto

i love it so far, feels quicker down low than the S for sure, and drives very nice.....i've been tossing it into corners and haven't even had the rear come out on me at all, figured this thing was going to slide easier than it has proved to be haha
I may test drive one for s/giggles. Do the dealers usually keep one on the lot or in the showroom? (Never been to a Scion dealer).
Old 08-12-2013, 11:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AP1Driver
Originally Posted by Chris S' timestamp='1376283420' post='22719062
[quote name='AP1Driver' timestamp='1376265318' post='22718758']
Sounds fun! Still think the car should've been branded by Toyota as the Celica to bring the name back and have some lineage behind it. Still an awesome little car. Don't think anything since the first gen Miata has gotten as much hype as the BRZ/FR-S.
Understood. A car very few people (especially my age) even know exist. I bet it would double the current sales volume if it would've been labeled Celica. The Celica started F/R, so it wouldn't be posing either
[/quote]

The rwd Celica wasn't that great a car from an enthusiasts' perspective; I know, b/c I had one in college. The AE86 was much more engaging. Regardless, sales are capped by production capacity, not demand.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:04 AM

Received 124 Likes on 101 Posts

I understand they're cashing in on AE86 "heritage", but the FR-S definitely is more of a modern take on the 80s rwd Celica than on the AE86 in terms of size/weight/styling.
But what it *really* is is a brand new S13 240SX. EXCELLENT!
Old 08-13-2013, 04:27 AM

lucky you to have 2 fun cars
Old 08-13-2013, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by AP1Driver
Originally Posted by skurge' timestamp='1376332099' post='22720259

[quote name='stauren1203' timestamp='1376330551' post='22720184']

I may test drive one for s/giggles. Do the dealers usually keep one on the lot or in the showroom? (Never been to a Scion dealer).
[/quote]

they usually have them, the dealer by my house usually has 3-4 of them sitting in front, and usually mostly auto's
Old 08-13-2013, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Chris S
Originally Posted by AP1Driver' timestamp='1376369850' post='22721196
[quote name='Chris S' timestamp='1376283420' post='22719062']
[quote name='AP1Driver' timestamp='1376265318' post='22718758']
[/quote]

The rwd Celica wasn't that great a car from an enthusiasts' perspective; I know, b/c I had one in college. The AE86 was much more engaging. Regardless, sales are capped by production capacity, not demand.
[/quote]

from what i've read it seems it was inspired by the AE86 obviously, but also the 2000gt(styling wise)
Old 08-13-2013, 05:53 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

As hard as I try, I just can't like these cars. Yeah, I'll admit that the segment of car design the FR-S/BR-Z is in doesn't have much else to offer - but it is incredibly slow for a 'fun' car to drive. And I just can't take a car seriously that comes with the same tires as a Prius mounted from the factory.

The car looks good, but I will never see this design as anything more than a half-ass attempt at building a S2000.

Quick Reply: decided to give my S2000 a playmate