Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Daily Driver- 2010 Ridgeline?

Old 04-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

There is one in my family...my mom loves it. Digs the Accord-like ride but the usefulness of a truck. Says it's simply amazing in the snow.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot to mention the traction, it's awesome. I can pull out of my hood in hard rain, stomp the gas w/ a 90 degree turn, and it just hooks up. That's the benefit you get in exchange for the gas mileage hit.

I once took it on an enthusiastic S2000 drive through the twisties, and it kept up just fine. The handling, traction, and brakes are really impressive for a pickup truck! There's one dirt biking spot I go to that's down a long, fun road w/ lots of corners and elevation change. Driving to/from the place went from being a chore to part of the fun when I got the RL. It's no sportscar, but can be driven more like a car even w/ a bike in the bed. Once I arrive, I have to drive down a few miles of dirt roads, and the IRS soaks up the bumps better than any other truck I've been in.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Banned

We have a Pilot; same platform and engine as the Ridgeline. We don't DD it but do drive it a few times a week. Without saying too much about it, it didn't win Car & Driver's 5Best Trucks/SUVs a few years in a row for nothing.

It has great utility, comfort, and drives like a car, albeit a big car; gas mileage is about 20mpg on average with the way we drive it. It's quite peppy too; 0-60 about as quick as a Prelude.

I'd imagine the Ridgeline is pretty much similar, minus the interior room but gains a truckbed.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chris S,Apr 6 2010, 09:52 PM
An '08 RL has been my DD for the last 2 years, and I love it.
Stop calling it an "RL", since there is the Acura RL as well. It can be confusing.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Steponme,Apr 8 2010, 12:12 AM
Stop calling it an "RL", since there is the Acura RL as well. It can be confusing.
I'll call it what I want. This thread is about the Honda RL, sorry if that confuses you. For future reference, feel free to refer to my sig to ascertain which RL I'm referring to when I post about personal experiences w/ one.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chris S,Apr 7 2010, 10:32 PM
I'll call it what I want. This thread is about the Honda RL,
No, this thread is about the Honda RIDGELINE (one word; let's all say it together: "Ridge line"), not the Honda/Acura RL. Yeah, you can call it whatever the hell you want, but since there is another vehicle with the exact name/letters/acronym, it's generally not a best idea. If you're too damn lazy to spell out its full name, then just call it the Ridge, which is only 3 letters more than typing "RL".
Old 04-08-2010, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^??

When you don't have any threads to post in you resort to that nonsense?
Old 04-08-2010, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Steponme,Apr 8 2010, 04:38 AM
No, this thread is about the Honda RIDGELINE (one word; let's all say it together: "Ridge line"), not the Honda/Acura RL. Yeah, you can call it whatever the hell you want, but since there is another vehicle with the exact name/letters/acronym, it's generally not a best idea. If you're too damn lazy to spell out its full name, then just call it the Ridge, which is only 3 letters more than typing "RL".
I can only imagine how much it pains you that Los Angeles and Louisiana are both abbreviated as LA. If you're going to be that much of a simpleton, perhaps this forum isn't the best place for you.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:50 AM

Talking

Warning... you have entered a Ridgeline thread...My Ridgeline thread.
RL is frequently used as an abbreviation for the Ridgeline. The subject is Ridgeline. AFAIK the internet may require some additional thought for some as this place is full of abbreviations and acronyms. So GL keeping up with it all. Luckily the RL owners have been responding so far. Please refrain from responding if you are going to thread jack with a complaint that only confused you. Please write everything else that bothers just you on a nice clean roll of TP and tell us later what that complaint accomplished or better yet what that roll is still good for now?

You should just relax
Old 04-08-2010, 07:21 AM

WTF?!, IMO RL is OK

Quick Reply: Daily Driver- 2010 Ridgeline?