Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Daily Driver- 2010 Ridgeline?

Old 04-06-2010, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Daily Driver- 2010 Ridgeline?

Hey Folks

I'm looking at a 2010 Ridgeline (in polished metal aka gray) for a dailey driver. Any one here have one? any comments? It's to replace my daily driver 4runner I had prior.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An '08 RL has been my DD for the last 2 years, and I love it. Comfy, great ride/handling, very versatile space utilization inside and out. Gas mileage isn't great for the power/size, but you prob. already know that.

I like it a lot more than my old 4Runner, or any of my other previous trucks. Highly rec'd if you need a truck, but not for HD hauling.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:56 AM

Have an 08 as well, put around 18k miles on it so far. Its been fantastic for a dd. The AWD gets the job done in snow (live in WI) and excellent in the rain, no rear wheel spinning from stops or wet curves. The IRS handles more like a car than a truck. Comfortable seating with plenty of room in the back, can seat 5 with no problems, it has a full size back seat, unlike most trucks. The RTL's come with leather, heated seats, heated mirrors, and a large sunroof. Coming from an 05 Dodge Ram 1500, my gas mileage is much better than before. Pulls my Mastercraft Prostar with no problems, but does max out at only 5k towing. The amount of storage between under the back seat and the rear trunk is outstanding. Plus the ability to have a real bed, much better than a traditional SUV; makes going to the home depot or the dump or whatever easier, but still feels like an SUV when you're driving. Two thumbs up!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:20 AM

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

My folks have one, I was driving it for a week or so when my old winter beater was out of commission.

I can't really add much more than what everyone else here has said. The ride is much more car-like than truck-like. The trunk storage in the bed is great, but the bed itself is a bit small. I was horrified at the mileage I was getting in it (but then again, my new Nissan Frontier isn't much better in that department). The turning radius is larger than I had anticipated - I found I really had to plan my low speed maneuvers a lot more.

My biggest gripe is the dash on the driver's side. Every time I would get into the vehicle, I would smash my knee against the side of the dash. I even knew it was coming after the first few times I did it, and I'd still bang my knee into it. I think, being a shorter person, I had to have the driver's seat up closer, and this offered little room between the dash and the seat for me to get in.

Oh, and it excels at tailgating for football games
Old 04-07-2010, 05:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just shopped for one. My wife wanted on real bad!

But we bought a Ford F150 FX2 Sport for literally 1/2 the price!! $42,000 for the Honda $21,000 for the Ford. The Ford stickered at $38k.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wildncrazy,Apr 7 2010, 07:36 AM
I just shopped for one. My wife wanted on real bad!

But we bought a Ford F150 FX2 Sport for literally 1/2 the price!! $42,000 for the Honda $21,000 for the Ford. The Ford stickered at $38k.

I became interested in the RL b/c of the awesome deals they were offering at the time. I traded my 3 yr. old Avalanche LS (or LT, whichever is the highest trim level) 4x4 w/ 35,600 miles (400 left on warr), needed new tires and brakes, plus $7k cash for my new RTL w/ nav (i.e. fully loaded). IIRC, the RL was $27 or $28K, I got the deal done around invoice less the big rebates they had at the time.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:43 AM

I would only rock one if you didn't have to do any actual truck work with it. the engine does provide decent pickup but in the towing department it is absolute crap.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:37 PM

Yeah you can get them for invoice under $30k depending on the model easily most of the time. I'm guessing the FX2 the OP referred to is 2wd which I dont want. Also the rear seats are tighter on the non crew cab model.
I am used to having at least one 4wd in the household and it's usually my DD. 4-5 seats are a DD requirement in our house also. I cant imagine me needing to tow anything over 5k lbs.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gas mileage is better on the V8 Ford than on the V6 Honda, go figure.

Gas mileage both on the road and in the city.

Yes, it's 2wd but the cab is HUGE! Backseat room is the biggest I've ever seen in any vehicle and the with a totally flat floorboard you can even throw a sleeping bag in it and sleep there. That's a direct quote from my wife. I don't know why she said that as I haven't done anything wrong.

It's a nicer dash and fit/trims than the Honda too. Seats are more comfortable especially in the back seat.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:35 PM

Coming from an SUV I need something that'll work like the 4runner but has a truck bed. I think the in bed trunk/cooler for tailgating will get a lot of use for us also. I'm pretty sure I would end up with as much money into a 4wd 4dr ford pickup. At least from what Ive seen. My wife likes the ridgeline better also. Looks like we'll have a honda fleet.

looks like a sport trac would be a more fair comparison, yes?

Quick Reply: Daily Driver- 2010 Ridgeline?