Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

crashed my bike....kinda long. would appreciate help from chris s.

Old 08-11-2002, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crashed my bike....kinda long. would appreciate help from chris s.

it isnt totaled thank god, and i was wearing full gear except the pants part...but i was wearing pants.

it wasnt driver error...well this is what happened. well, i went to bloomington today. and took i45 down there, great ass time. on a long ass str8 speedo read 135!!! on my svs. i dont wanna think about the real speed cuz im happy with 145 so dont try to tell me speedo error please, already had a bad day. well 45 is smoothe, great road, and smoothe as hell. i was draggin my pegs threw most tight corners. i was havin the best time of my life. so i ger into town and eat lunch at a place called yogi's. well ate lunch, and took the back way back to 45 threw the woods. the woods has great turns but not soo good roads (alot worse than the michigan roads) well i was following my dad at normal pace just puttin around. we were stuck behind a navigator. well was goin threw the corner normal speed. it was a tight turn tho so i was pretty low. as i was commin out of the turn there was a raise in the road about 1-1/12 inches that i didnt see til it was too late. well i hit it and the bike stood up. but i didnt high-side for some reason. but i tried to get it down but i couldnt, not enough road. so i went off the road leaned over trying to save my self. so i jumped off my bike so i wouldnt crush my leg. and i flew face first into some gravel and my arm, side, and legs are messed up cuz the safet jackets came up to about my belly button and my sleeve also came up when i hit. well the bike is rideable but the front left fairing is cracked and scratched to hell. my tank got a small dent. my shiftknob thing broke off so i had to ride the 2 hours home putting my foot under the lever which is a bitch. and my rear fairing (is that it, well the plastic part that u sit on and goes all the way back from there) is all scatched up to. i decided im just gonna get a full fairing insteada replacing cuz i like the half better. and my insurance is gonna cover it cuz im 15 and i have minimum coverage cuz i dont wanna have to pay 1500+ bucks a year...and i dont even have the money to pay for it. i can barely pay for what i have (yes i paid for EVERYTHING my self) i was/am soo F*CKING pissed. but the fact it wasnt really my fault makes me feel better about my riding. but my dad who was riding for over 30 years was havin trouble keepin up with me and he has the same bike. i think im learining pretty quickly. tho dirtbiking has helped alot.

TO THOSE WHO CAN HELP, could u give me a sight where i can get a good looking full fairing. a new turn signal (front left and back left) a new shift rod thing. and a new rear fairing thing. (i really need to get these names down, just spent my time ridng inteada learning the parts. unfortunately i have enought time now.)

thanks for your help. the sad thing is i have no money for this cuz its all tied up in paying the payments, plates, insurance, and all that good stuff. so im gonna have to bum from my dad. and this just set me back alot for my exhaust i wanted.

I AM SOO PISSED OFF...F*CK U BLOOMINGTON ROADS.

thx for readin my long story
Old 08-11-2002, 07:54 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you are okay....I love motorcycles, but after working in Trauma and seeing many motorcycle injuries, many not from rider error.....you should know we call them donorcycles.

That's why I like the s2k......it's a motorcycle with doors...
Old 08-11-2002, 08:28 PM

Hey man, don't sweat this. I low-sided this weekend because I hit some gravel. Next thing I know, I'm sliding into dirt and my bike's doing a 720. Bad luck But I only have fairing damages and my Carbon Fiber case cover is gone, and my body's perfectly fine because I had full gear on.

www.sharkskinz.com for fairings.

A lot of parts
www.parts411.com
www.kiernanracing.com

Just a lever should be really cheap. I'm not sure what's all broken on your bike.

$20-25 for signals
$200 for 1 piece lower.
$185 for solo tail - uses stock seat.
$5-20 for lever.
Old 08-11-2002, 08:56 PM

for some reason i keep a camera underneath my seat. so i took some pics. ill get them developed and scanned. (even tho i dont have a scanner...one of my friends does..i think) i dont thnk its as bad as i made it out to be...its just A VERY VERY VERY BAD day today. all started with the crash...then girl problems (damn, they bring up some stupid shit) but being 15 i guess it is a big deal...this isnt gonna be a fun week for me.
Old 08-11-2002, 09:17 PM

Originally posted by Honda Racer
for some reason i keep a camera underneath my seat. so i took some pics. ill get them developed and scanned. (even tho i dont have a scanner...one of my friends does..i think) i dont thnk its as bad as i made it out to be...its just A VERY VERY VERY BAD day today. all started with the crash...then girl problems (damn, they bring up some stupid shit) but being 15 i guess it is a big deal...this isnt gonna be a fun week for me.
When you're 15, it's NOT a big deal. Trust me, and everyone else will tell you the same.

[nick burns] oh btw, you're welcome [/nick burns] and I recommend you to get full gear before getting fairings for your bike.
Old 08-11-2002, 11:24 PM

all i need are some pants. i got the rest...they didnt have any in when i got everything (in may) im lucky do damage was done to my leg.
Old 08-12-2002, 08:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to hear you make it out ok.

I just lost a friend the other week because something weird or unexpected happened to him, so ride safe out there. I haven't ridden since.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:37 AM

I hate to say it, but it was only a matter of time before you had an accident, and you are lucky to be alive. Driving 135mph and dragging your pegs on public roads is insane, let alone when you are 15. I, for one, am just thankful that the amount of kinetic energy you and your bike posessed at high speed was not transferred to a young child or any other innocent bistander.

If you want to ride like that, go to a track where you can learn something in a safe environment.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:44 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by txst
[B]I hate to say it, but it was only a matter of time before you had an accident, and you are lucky to be alive.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:21 AM

i know i know. i was bein wreckless. i'm lucky i didnt crash when i was riding aggresively. im sure i wouldnt be typing today...probally in a few weeks. i guess god hit me with a feather. i learned a lesson that i wont forget.

Quick Reply: crashed my bike....kinda long. would appreciate help from chris s.