Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Corvette owners... Looking at a 2009 C6 Z06.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a mech look at it and do the usual car fax.

The Z's are great cars.If it checks out....buy it.

\rlr
Carolina

PS..Check out
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/index.php

and

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com
Old 06-28-2013, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya i wouldnt put too much concern into transmission issues or even valve guide issues in the ls-7. Any car you decide to bring to the track, i dont care how much it costs or how well its built, either in japan, germany or USA, things are bound to happen! If you plan on womping it i agree with chris on the c5z. I love mine, no issues and the price tag was tiny for a mint one. Also im thinking the bulk of the value loss has already taken place!! On the other hand a c6z is A LOT faster.... but then again, drop 100lb from the c5z, headers, intake, full exhaust/tune your not doing bad!!

further note: go with a custom cam shaft or S/C and your playing with big boys at the track for <$30-35k
Old 06-28-2013, 09:39 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3smGsB6jYs

screw 2009

get a 60' and build that shit

"it hauls so much ass, bruce jenner is in the market to replace his minivan!"
Old 07-01-2013, 09:46 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

You can just buy mine, and call it a day.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...odded-z06.html
Old 07-03-2013, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Justapickup
You can just buy mine, and call it a day.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...odded-z06.html
WANT!!!!

Evan
Old 07-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Former Sponsor

OP did you get it???
Old 07-16-2013, 12:15 PM

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

How could I resist?

Needless to say, this car is a beast! The powerband is simply incredible. Having strictly owned imports, it is a lot of car, in more ways than one. CosmosMpower is right- after driving the car around a bunch, it does seem to lack low end torque and needs to be wound up a bit. For me, this is not a problem, being accustomed to 4-bangers. The car is very stable and quite comfortable at any speed. The front lip is low and wants to scrape everywhere. My driveway is very steep and it is painful to pull in and out at the bottom where it meets the street. The car handles well in the twists, but the steering is a little heavy. For once, I am happy I have traction control. I would not let an inexperienced person behind the wheel of this car. The gearbox is more like that of my STI than my S2k. The gearing is so tall it is ridiculous. You cannot wind out 2nd gear without speeding, even on the interstate. I can't understand why they don't make the gearing shorter. 120mph in 3rd? You can't really enjoy running through the gears with that spread!

I read a lot of complaints about the seats, but they are actually very comfortable. I do not expect that they will hold me in place on the track, however. This car has the 3LZ interior package, so it has a nice leather dash. The climate control knob area is a little cheesy, but at least it is simple to operate. The heads-up display is pretty cool, but I find myself looking down at the regular tach and speedo out of habit. I like that you can monitor oil temp/pressure and coolant temp right on the dash display. The car seems to run hot, and apparently others have had cooling problems under hard track use.

I must say, it is nice to drive a car that can handle the load of the air conditioning without dogging across intersections (90-100 deg here lately). My wife loves the car, so that is a nice added bonus. My ITB'd S2000 is a little much for her tastes! I will post some more opinions after driving the car this week. I would like to get a mountain run in to see how it handles the elevation change (live at 3800 ft, Beartooth pass runs over 10,000 ft). My other vehicles are gasping up there.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:53 PM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Beauty - congrats!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:03 PM

Omg best color too dude. So jelly! The way you describe your z06 is is exactly how I feel about mine! Yours is way better being 7L and c6 tho
Old 07-16-2013, 08:03 PM

Omg best color too dude. So jelly! The way you describe your z06 is is exactly how I feel about mine! Yours is way better being 7L and c6 tho

Quick Reply: Corvette owners... Looking at a 2009 C6 Z06.