Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Corvette owners... Looking at a 2009 C6 Z06.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ love your posts I can totally vibe with your descriptions! Sounds just like my c5z in my mind. And p.s. idk about the c6 but I bought a $20 skip shift mod off ebay and popped it into the trans without even lifting the car! Now the light comes on but I can use any gear anytime.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:57 PM

Jekyl and Hide is the best description, the Chevy is squishy inside and comfy but press that throttle and anyone, especially w that 7 liter, is a half mile behind you! A friend of mine is looking at an 07 RS4 Audi and is all excited about it. He's looking at $32-35k on 89,000 miles and mods :/ you get so much more car with the Vette wow
Old 07-27-2013, 09:44 PM

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

I would be steering clear of that Audi, although I do admire them. I took some time to play with the various traction control settings in a vacant lot. There is actually a pretty significant difference between the settings- traction off/AHC on (the electronic interference is still pretty aggressive in this mode), competitive driving mode (still has AHC, but it doesn't engage until you attain a higher slip angle), and the most dangerous of all, no electronic angels . I am excited to try them at the track and see how well the car can put the power down at the limit. It will definitely take some time to work my way up to the car's potential!

A friend sent me this video. I will have to make my Z06 sound like this one. It was labeled as "ZR-1 denies lambo flyby," but it appears to be a Z06 in the vid.

[media]http://www.break.com/video/lamborghini-vs-corvette-zr-1-2495858[/media]
Old 07-28-2013, 12:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeS2k
Jekyl and Hide is the best description, the Chevy is squishy inside and comfy but press that throttle and anyone, especially w that 7 liter, is a half mile behind you! A friend of mine is looking at an 07 RS4 Audi and is all excited about it. He's looking at $32-35k on 89,000 miles and mods :/ you get so much more car with the Vette wow
carbon build up?
Old 07-28-2013, 01:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rwheelz
I would be steering clear of that Audi, although I do admire them. I took some time to play with the various traction control settings in a vacant lot. There is actually a pretty significant difference between the settings- traction off/AHC on (the electronic interference is still pretty aggressive in this mode), competitive driving mode (still has AHC, but it doesn't engage until you attain a higher slip angle), and the most dangerous of all, no electronic angels . I am excited to try them at the track and see how well the car can put the power down at the limit. It will definitely take some time to work my way up to the car's potential!

A friend sent me this video. I will have to make my Z06 sound like this one. It was labeled as "ZR-1 denies lambo flyby," but it appears to be a Z06 in the vid.

the WOT from the zr1 sent a shiver down my spine.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by fusionchickenleg
Originally Posted by rwheelz' timestamp='1374990283' post='22691418

I agree it sounds like the NA z06 note! either way, hahaha, cant wait for straight pipes, come on small shitty paychecks come faster!
Old 07-28-2013, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ love your posts I can totally vibe with your descriptions! Sounds just like my c5z in my mind. And p.s. idk about the c6 but I bought a $20 skip shift mod off ebay and popped it into the trans without even lifting the car! Now the light comes on but I can use any gear anytime.

Have it tuned out.A simple handheld programmer works well.

\rlr
Carolina
Old 07-28-2013, 02:22 PM

Redline-
My uncle has a diablo sport tuner for the c5 I'm just waiting on more serious mods. Do you think a muffler delete and CAI make a tune worth it? Or should I wait for headers and cat deletes?
Old 07-28-2013, 07:46 PM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by fusionchickenleg' timestamp='1375002043' post='22691526
[quote name='rwheelz' timestamp='1374990283' post='22691418']

I agree it sounds like the NA z06 note! either way, hahaha, cant wait for straight pipes, come on small shitty paychecks come faster!
[/quote]

Awesome vid, but 100% that was a Z06 and not a ZR1.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:38 PM

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

What fluids are you guys using?

Oil brand and weight?
Transmission?
Differential?
Power steering?

I am going to change out everything before I take it to the track. I am planning to use ATE blue for the brakes and clutch like I do on all of my cars. I am hesitant to track the car using the factory fill Mobil-1 5W-30. I am probably going to use Amsoil synthetics for the other three unless someone steers me in a different direction.

Quick Reply: Corvette owners... Looking at a 2009 C6 Z06.