Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Cops chasing after the Cayenne

Old 05-15-2006, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slicksilver,May 15 2006, 02:58 PM
Your post is just as ignorant as the post which you're addressing.

Personally I don't think it's funny that the officer was hurt, but it's entirely his own fault. Most police officers can handle their cars in a competent manner. If they cannot, they shouldn't engage in high speed pursuits.

I must admit however that I feel no love for roadside revenue collectors, especially those who sit at the side of a freeway at 2AM.
Please explain how my post was ignorant. Ignorance implies a lack of knowledge or an oversight. What exactly is it that I am unaware of? Please note that an opinion that differs from yours does not necessarily render someone ignorant. But I'm sure you already knew that.

Speaking of ignorant posts...

Yes. It is entirely the officer's fault that he got into the accident. Obviously, he could not handle his car, so he should be ridiculed and laughed at for attempting to catch someone who was entirely within their rights and abilities. For this reason, we should allow gross speeders to continue on uninhibited. Because, clearly, nothing bad happens when Cayennes go 100 MPH, but only when Crown Vics do.

In fact, why don't we continue down this line of "reasoning" (and I use this word lightly) and blame any firefighter who dies in a fire. Clearly it's his own fault for not being able to safely do his job. And lets not forget about those in military service. It's their fault for choosing to go into their job, right?
Old 05-15-2006, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8,May 15 2006, 05:43 PM

In fact, why don't we continue down this line of "reasoning" (and I use this word lightly) and blame any firefighter who dies in a fire. Clearly it's his own fault for not being able to safely do his job. It's their fault for choosing to go into their job, right?
Absolutely. I understand the what the consequences could be before I go through the door.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by cutuesday,May 15 2006, 05:28 PM
Absolutely. I understand the what the consequences could be before I go through the door.
Understanding the consequences is very different from being held "at fault" for what happens.

Old 05-15-2006, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8,May 15 2006, 02:43 PM
Please explain how my post was ignorant. Ignorance implies a lack of knowledge or an oversight. What exactly is it that I am unaware of? Please note that an opinion that differs from yours does not necessarily render someone ignorant. But I'm sure you already knew that.

Yes. It is entirely the officer's fault that he got into the accident. Obviously, he could not handle his car, so he should be ridiculed and laughed at for attempting to catch someone who was entirely within their rights and abilities. For this reason, we should allow gross speeders to continue on uninhibited. Because, clearly, nothing bad happens when Cayennes go 100 MPH, but only when Crown Vics do.

In fact, why don't we continue down this line of "reasoning" (and I use this word lightly) and blame any firefighter who dies in a fire. Clearly it's his own fault for not being able to safely do his job. And lets not forget about those in military service. It's their fault for choosing to go into their job, right?
This is where you lost all credibility:

"Where's a Firestone tire when you need one? "

Like I stated before, I didn't find it funny that the officer was injured so I don't see why you feel the need to ramble on and on...
Old 05-15-2006, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by slicksilver,May 15 2006, 07:16 PM
This is where you lost all credibility:

"Where's a Firestone tire when you need one? "

Like I stated before, I didn't find it funny that the officer was injured so I don't see why you feel the need to ramble on and on...
Oh come on... it was funny, admit it.

Old 05-19-2006, 10:06 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Christople,May 15 2006, 10:54 AM
In San Antonio

kinda funny and ironic that now you can get an SUV that can outrun the cops
Fan-freaking-tastic!!
Old 05-19-2006, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by vader1,May 15 2006, 12:27 PM
...The question is, can you outrun the radio?
Evidently.....yes.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8,May 15 2006, 03:53 PM

Lets see... 3 tons of automotive stupidity barreling down the freeway at 150 FPS, and on top of that an officer is injured trying to apprehend the guy?

Where's a Firestone tire when you need one?
While I do not agree with running from the police, evidently the officer was driving far above his abilities. Police are responsible for their actions as well.....just having a badge does not mean you are invinsible or suddenly a professional driver. It is usually a policy in most departments, and the responsibility of the officerm to call off a chase if it gets to dangerous to either party.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8,May 15 2006, 05:43 PM

The part you are missing in your firefighter -vs- police officer comparisson is that the firefighter is not piloting a 4,000 lb. weapon down the highway at 100+ mph with the possibility of killing a pedestrian.

Now, before you get upset and say how he would not be going that fast in the first place if the guy had not run, I agree. BUT....and it is a J-Lo sized 'BUT'....there are numerous accidents you see in the news every year where a police officer gets adrenaline pumping and overly excited to the point they overdrive their abilities and end up causing more harm than good. When an officer STOPS a chase and quits, the person being chased typically slows as well, reducing the possibilities of an 'incident' happening.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by slicksilver,May 15 2006, 01:58 PM
I must admit however that I feel no love for roadside revenue collectors, especially those who sit at the side of a freeway at 2AM.

somewhere in L.A...there's a 7-11 getting robbed

Quick Reply: Cops chasing after the Cayenne