Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Cop pulls over wrong guy

Old 02-14-2009, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This cop blew it. He made a mistake. I'm not defending him, just saying, he made a mistake. Humans do that from time to time.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:39 AM

I would add, however, he also screwed up by showing no remorse. To be just a bit contriteful would have gone a long way. For that fact, if I were the rider, I'd be considering pressing charges. If the guy would come out and apologize, I'd let it go. Perhaps he did this behind the scenes. We don't know - he may need to keep a game face to keep his job.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sogno,Feb 14 2009, 07:34 AM
This cop blew it. He made a mistake. I'm not defending him, just saying, he made a mistake. Humans do that from time to time.
Yeah but there were two people who stopped to tell the trooper they got the wrong guy and the trooper ignored them. This trooper is a tool.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GPMike,Feb 14 2009, 10:51 PM
Yeah but there were two people who stopped to tell the trooper they got the wrong guy and the trooper ignored them. This trooper is a tool.
heres a counter arguement from r6-forum.com
hes a cop.

"First off--as most know, I
Old 02-15-2009, 07:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Either way *most* cops are just pricks abusing the badge, they only learn loops in the system to f*** with people and most times with the wrong people.

Most cops are pricks that work pist off all the time and I think to be a good and efficient officer you have to keep your cool and analyze situations a little more. This is just my opinion, the system is broken and they need to put a stop to all this madness. I know from experience, I live in the city with one of the most corrupted police forces in the nation, sad but true.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:51 PM

Most cops feels like they need to prove that they're superior.

..in most cases they're not. They just have the badge backing them up.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:25 PM

more reason to roll on the throttle with the lights flashing in your rear. bye bye
Old 03-02-2009, 06:02 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

What is scary here is that the cops had NO idea what the bikes looked like that were speeding but they insisted that this guy was the one that was speeding.

That's effectively making up your mind without a stitch of evidence, which makes me wonder how many other times they do it?

The yanking him off the bike was definitely unneeded. The guy should have gotten off more quickly but he was obviously not going anywhere (hands in the air, not on the throttle, plus his g/f was off the bike). No need to tip the bike and pull him off. He could have easily gotten pinned under the bike when it tipped...
Old 03-02-2009, 07:06 AM

Well, anecdotal evidence is that my experience have been 50-50. If you ever get stopped on a bike, however, you can guarantee the cop is going to have a six foot pole shoved up his ass and be a complete tool. The only attitude I've ever seen from cops in regards to sportbike riders is if you don't want to be treated as a criminal then you shouldn't be riding. ****ed up, but what are you going to do? It's not like it's just cops either... I was up in Seattle around the time the news ran the story about a bunch of sportbikers stunting on I5 and then immediately after showed footage of a unrelated sportbike riders who were out for lunch having a laugh.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:47 AM

This stuff happens all the time..i have been pulled over for something that i didn't do.. and there nothing you can do.. its his word against yours.. so i had to pay the fine and go to traffic school because the cop is always right lol

Quick Reply: Cop pulls over wrong guy