Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

considering trading my s2000 for a Tundra

Old 02-26-2009, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a while, boating is only fun when you are hanging out with others, typically drinking. If you don't have boat friends this gets old quickly. You would be surprised at how hard it is to get your current friends out there with you. And if you are drinking there are no taxis to drive you and your boat home.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

yea i'll probably have to beat my friends in the head to leave me and my boat alone. i'm sure my roomates and i will be out on that thing drinking every other weekend.

my hope is to get them to go in on the cost of it with me so that way i can insure they'll take care of it too as well as help me with its maintenance etc...
Old 02-26-2009, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by starbai,Feb 26 2009, 03:40 PM
yea i'll probably have to beat my friends in the head to leave me and my boat alone. i'm sure my roomates and i will be out on that thing drinking every other weekend.

my hope is to get them to go in on the cost of it with me so that way i can insure they'll take care of it too as well as help me with its maintenance etc...
Old 02-26-2009, 01:39 PM

do it
Old 02-26-2009, 01:42 PM

Talking

the Tundra is literally the only truck i would ever buy
i was sort of frustrated that my dad picked a Expedition over a Sequoia back in '03

but..

TRD Tundra

Old 02-26-2009, 02:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

yea i agree that the tundra is the only truck i'd ever look at.

that TRD supercharged one had me troooling years ago.

I'd be looking at a Limited Crew Max though. not the 2 door one like that.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know what your financial situations are, but you seem very concerned about payments and incremental fuel costs on the truck. That clues me into the suspicion that you may not be financially ready for a boat - they inevitably cost more than you expect them too (just one reason I love the boat club idea). Forget the incremental gas cost of the Tundra, do you have any idea how much fuel that boat is going to slurp down? What about your increased beer costs? LOL (hopefully you won't operate the car or boat drunk)

If you're still determined to go this route, I highly encourage you to drive a Ridgeline first. I had a 2nd gen Tundra (which was great), and have test driven the new 5.7L one, but the RL is a far better choice IMO for those who don't have HD requirements. It drives more like a nice car, is much easier to park, and the trunk/dual-fold tailgate is way cool. Mine is the best truck I've ever driven, and I plan to keep it as long as I don't have any 5K+ lb. towing needs.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:19 PM

the current tundras are the best trucks right now.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you aren't even going to get a boat till sometime later this year, why don't you wait to trade in your S? pay it down some more, think about wasting money on a boat, and you'll probably get more for the S in summertime.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Blue_AP2,Feb 26 2009, 04:19 PM
the current tundras are the best trucks right now.
uhhhhhh...it's not even close.

The Tundra doesn't have a fully boxed frame and narrow leaf springs...I know this is an import friendly forum and all but lets try to at least appear less retarded.

Quick Reply: considering trading my s2000 for a Tundra