Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

considering trading my s2000 for a Tundra

Old 02-26-2009, 11:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default considering trading my s2000 for a Tundra

I know night and day right?

The S2000 literally just sits there. I never use it other than the weekends when i have some time to play (which is almost never these days)

I want to buy a boat by the end of the year, nothing extravegant, 21' yamaha or sea doo... renting space at a marina is just stupid, the truck payment would be cheaper.

Plus I've always wanted a truck.

I just dont know if I can cut the cord with the s2000. I love it too much.

My thought is that i can always get another one, but none will ever be, my 'ese'.

Found the perfect tundra in terms of price, year, mileage, options etc...

Fuel economy.gov says that realistically the cost for fuel per year is only about $116 more which I can live with.

So I dont know have some real shit to think about here before I pull the trigger.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-26-2009, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you still have the prelude, why dont you sell that instead?
Old 02-26-2009, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Young_R,Feb 26 2009, 04:30 PM
if you still have the prelude, why dont you sell that instead?
Still do have the prelude and because I wouldn't get anything for it, especially not what I've put into it.

They're going for about 3k now.

Plus the prelude is the toy, and my learning tool. I still plan on ripping it apart myself, doing my own motor swap, 5spd swap and building it to be something really nice. Its kinda my project car that I don't see me ever getting anything out of what I put into it so its kinda here to stay.

The s2000 still has some decent value left in it and can help me lower my payments on the Truck. I see myself driving the s2000 even less once a truck arrived anyway.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

keep the s2k and buy a cheap truck, tundras are nice but I am sure you can find a cheap used f150 as well and keep the s2k
Old 02-26-2009, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you made the decision. I say do it. You can always get another S2000 in the future.

I had S2K and a white Nissan Titan. Now S2K is sold to my cousin because I am living in Japan, but I still have my truck. I figured, I will always use my truck, but I may change my mind about my weekend car.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like you've made up your mind. Consider selling the S here on s2ki so that it goes to a loving home.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Incubus,Feb 26 2009, 04:37 PM
It sounds like you've made up your mind. Consider selling the S here on s2ki so that it goes to a loving home.
i'd love to but people in south florida are broke these days and I dont wanna go through the hassle of selling it on my own.

Also i'm using it to try to help with the deal on the tundra.

its not a done deal yet, the dealer that has the tundra needs to work out everything with payments etc and see where i stand.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When my son gets old enough to appreciate boating, I'll prob. join a boat club. I'll just drive up in whatever, they have a variety of boats available ready to go, and all I have to do is pay for gas and mo. dues - they take care of acquisition, maint., depreciation, storage, cleaning, etc.

http://volenteboatclub.com/

Boats typically get so little use that it makes sense to spread the operating costs over others vs. having your own boat gathering dust all the time.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:53 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

I think you're doing it wrong - spend the time on the S2000 and DD it, not the Prelude. Sell that and get a used truck, something you won't mind driving into the water.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:54 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris S,Feb 26 2009, 04:46 PM
When my son gets old enough to appreciate boating, I'll prob. join a boat club. I'll just drive up in whatever, they have a variety of boats available ready to go, and all I have to do is pay for gas and mo. dues - they take care of acquisition, maint., depreciation, storage, cleaning, etc.

http://volenteboatclub.com/

Boats typically get so little use that it makes sense to spread the operating costs over others vs. having your own boat gathering dust all the time.

Quick Reply: considering trading my s2000 for a Tundra