Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Which combo of cars would you rather have?

Old 05-26-2012, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO having a beater truck makes the convertible even better. You'll never have a sense of resentment when trying to put something in the car that won't fit, when trying to get the dog hair out f the carpet, when trying to take multiple people somewhere, etc. if you drive the truck on rainy days, it will make washing the car more tolerable since it will be less frequent.
It is really the only way to go IMO.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:20 AM
vbb

Originally Posted by RC 94
I don't think anyone actually read the post, and they just posted S2K and TSX. He wants to drive his fun car, but for some reason he isn't. Probably because it doesn't have the creature comforts he wants. He likes the stuff in his TSX but he doesn't have those in his S2K. Therefore his idea of a fun car is something that's still sporty but has a decent amount of luxury to it. What does that sound exactly like? The Z4. Plus having a truck is always awesome.

Z4 and Truck all the way.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I expected biased responses, but I also hoped that people would read the actual post. I love the S2K, but unfortunately I just don't get a lot of "free time" on the weekends to really enjoy it. I have tried daily driving it more, but my commute is a lot of stop and go (especially on the way home) and that frankly just sucks with my heavy clutch and the turbo. I'm looking for something that retains a lot of the fun factor of the S2K, but also something that I can commute in. It's funny how one gets used to the little things like bluetooth, climate control, etc. The new Z4s seem a little more beefy than the old ones which is why I'm looking that direction. I know it will not be as raw as the S2K and therefore not as fun at the limits, but it seems like a nice compromise.

As for the truck, it doesn't have to be an F150. If I decide to daily a roadster, I want something that has all the utility I need on the weekends. A crew-cab pickup fits the bill well, but it could be another make or model.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:41 AM

Z4/Truck

S2000 is too spartan in this day and age for me. The car has run its course and no updated car in the future... I'm more excited about the new miata and boxster instead of owning a used S2000 anymore... but again to each their own
Old 05-27-2012, 10:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

s2k and Raptor
Old 05-27-2012, 11:08 AM
vbb

Originally Posted by mdy
RS4 avant + 2013 Boxster S
Maybe I should just do a 991 911 Turbo and a Range Rover.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

You should.

Z4/F150 gets my vote. Try something new. But if you're really putting this much thought into it, then maybe the S needs to remain in the garage.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:05 AM
vbb

^ Tom, I still have a Wrangler lurking in the back of my mind too. I like the S2K, I really do. I've had this car (albeit two different ones) longer than I've ever had any one car. The problem is I just don't have the opportunity to drive it as much as I used to. 3000mi in over a year is ridiculous. I'm not using the car, and I just get frustrated driving it in stop and go commuter traffic to work and back. I'll probably hang on to it for the rest of this year, and then finally give it up this coming winter. I still want a fun car, but something I can daily as well, which is why I'm looking at a loaded Wrangler or a Z4.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:12 AM

Why not just do a M3 or M5 and be done with it? Got fun and comfort in one package. Unless the truck is the main reason needing the 2nd car.

At least that is what I would do.

If forced to choose, I take the Z4 + F150. Just because they are built for different needs.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:54 AM

z4/truck but not f150. may be like toyota thundra or something.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:06 PM

You never understand how utilitarian a truck is until you have one. Its fantastic to have space and function. You won't drive it all the time, but its a nice change up to driving a sporty car all the time.

I assume when you say you are buying a truck, you are speaking about a used one? Are you thinking beater or a good condition, slightly use (1-3 year old) truck? there is a huge difference.

And i was shocked when i bought my truck how WELL trucks keep their value. I also preferred the F150 to either Dodge or Chevy. Sorry, but the Tundra does nothing for me and the older ones aren't adequate. I ended up with the Dodge cause i could get a better deal on them v. the F150.

Quick Reply: Which combo of cars would you rather have?