Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Chicago Auto Show

Old 02-10-2005, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it, minus the wing and black hood of course. The shape looks dynamic and clean, sort of a mini Accord coupe.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Station' date='Feb 10 2005, 01:30 PM
Hondanews.com has a big writeup about it, but it won't let me copy and paste it here. Can someone download it and post it here?
From: http://hondanews.com/CatID2073?mid=2...37548&mime=asc
Honda Civic Si Concept Makes World Debut at Chicago Auto Show
200HP Civic Si Concept points at future direction for new 2006 Civic Si Coupe

Chicago 02/10/2005 -- The Civic Si Concept, making its world debut today at the Chicago Auto Show, provides a strong indication of the styling and performance direction for an all-new production Civic Si Coupe scheduled to debut later this year.

The production Civic Si Coupe will serve as the performance leader for a completely redesigned 2006 model Civic lineup that will feature more emotional styling, added performance and the latest generation of "intelligent" i-VTEC engine technology. The 2006 Civic lineup, launching this fall, will include a 4-door Sedan, a 2-door Coupe and Si Coupe, an even more fuel efficient Civic Hybrid and a natural-gas powered Civic GX.

The Civic Si Concept celebrates the 20th anniversary of the Civic Si legacy in the U.S. and builds on its performance heritage with a 200-horsepower, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC engine with an 8,000 rpm red line, mated to a close ratio 6-speed manual transmission. Helping to put all that power to the ground is a helical-type limited slip differential for improved launch traction and cornering performance.

Other performance features of the Civic Si Concept include 18-inch cast aluminum wheels, 225/40R18 high performance tires and 4-wheel disc brakes with large cross-drilled brake rotors and 4-piston Brembo calipers.
"The 2006 Civic Si Coupe will be the most powerful, fastest and fun-to-drive Si we've ever put on the street, and the Civic Si Concept sets the direction in terms of its styling, package and performance," said John Mendel, senior vice president of American Honda. "It's part of a new family of Civic vehicles that build on the already class-leading values of the Civic in terms of safety, styling, performance and fuel efficiency."

Designed as an "Advanced Personal Compact," the Civic Si Concept incorporates a sweeping roofline and ultra-fast windshield rake that highlights the vehicle's advanced one-motion profile, low and wide stance, and superior aerodynamic performance. The long trunk deck, with its frontward sloping bumper, accents the forward motion conveyed by the overall vehicle shape. Wheel openings have been optimized to minimize the gap between the tire and the body. Special aerodynamic features include a full front and side aero kit, rear deck wing and a lower rear bumper diffuser with an integrated center exhaust system.

The 2006 Civic Si Coupe will be the sixth generation Si, which first appeared as a three-door hatchback in 1986 with subsequent Civic Si models appearing in 1989, 1992, 1999 and 2002. The production Si will make its world debut at the 2005 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in November. The Civic Si Concept was designed at Honda R&D America's Los Angeles design center.

Additional media information and photography of the Civic Si Concept are available at www.hondanews.com.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:47 AM
ayS

i like it minus the wing. or at least that wing!
Old 02-10-2005, 11:24 AM

rims, brakes, hood, exhaust, and wing prolly won't make it to production.....at least not on the base model....maybe the rims and brakes will be options.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:01 PM

Door Handles would be nice as well, car will be toned down but hopefully not to much.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:10 PM

this will kill the RSX sales in the US if they ever bring this in

my guess would be no LSD, 160hp, 5sp, less brake ...

oh well, we will just have to wait and see ...

come to think of it, this is the honda company that won't even give us a LSD option in RSX-S ... -_-
Old 02-10-2005, 12:10 PM

It's cuter than the last one.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:16 PM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by stockae92' date='Feb 10 2005, 03:10 PM
this will kill the RSX sales in the US if they ever bring this in

my guess would be no LSD, 160hp, 5sp, less brake ...

oh well, we will just have to wait and see ...

come to think of it, this is the honda company that won't even give us a LSD option in RSX-S ... -_-
Confirmed for production are:

200 hp
Helical LSD
6MT

The RSX will apparently be phased out/moved upscale.

The RSX is, however, almost guaranteed to be nicer inside, plus service at Acura still beats a regular Honda dealership. They cater to two different crowds - look at the EP3 Civic Si and the Integra; nearly identical in power, yet the Integra was still very popular...
Old 02-10-2005, 04:47 PM

That's more like it. The early spy photos were dreadful.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"The Civic Si Concept celebrates the 20th anniversary of the Civic Si legacy in the U.S. and builds on its performance heritage with a 200-horsepower, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC engine with an 8,000 rpm red line, mated to a close ratio 6-speed manual transmission."

MAAANNNN... I guess Honda DOES read the internet comments on the egg-Si! Tis one looks WAY better. 200hp, 6-speed, with 8k redline?

Quick Reply: Chicago Auto Show