Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Chevrolet Corvette vs BMW M4

Old 07-18-2014, 10:23 PM

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by cantsleep
I would choose M4 over stingray all day all year long
the vette is great car for the money but if you can afford it
why wouldnt you go with heritage M german engineering over chevy made by americans. Dont get me wrong. Im an american but we must admit M4 is just simply overall better car than the vette

in fact I ordered my M4. Should be picking up in Welt soon. I once thought about getting stingray but I knew I would regret t
I love the m4 I don't agree with that. If I didn't care about the 4 seats and luxury of the m3/4 I would pick the c7 for performance.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why wouldnt you go with heritage M german engineering over chevy made by americans. Dont get me wrong. Im an american but we must admit M4 is just simply overall better car than the vette

in fact I ordered my M4. Should be picking up in Welt soon. I once thought about getting stingray but I knew I would regret t
"we must admit M4 is simply overall better car than the vette"?

What planet are you living on? What criteria are you applying here?
Old 07-19-2014, 04:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Anrosphynx
Originally Posted by cantsleep' timestamp='1405745390' post='23250366

Brand snobbery at its finest.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Presto123
Originally Posted by Anrosphynx' timestamp='1405756604' post='23250418
[quote name='cantsleep' timestamp='1405745390' post='23250366']

[/quote]

The Corvette is still in the running here because it's the best bang for the buck, which is pretty much its only advantage. If you were to ask anyone in Asia, or even in America, they would prefer a BMW over a Chevy. In terms of quality, design, brand image and confidence in racing heritage, performance, technology, practicality, comfortability, the BMW wins.

See Jeremy Clarkson's reviews on American cars if you will. I know he is biased but much of what he says about American cars is true.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Anrosphynx
Originally Posted by cantsleep' timestamp='1405745390' post='23250366

I live in california and you live in detroit?

This my opinion... Anyone who can afford M4 would love to get M4 over stingray unless you are hardcore american muscle car lover.
Im not picking an argument here. Just expressing my honest opinion. If you like the vette? Then great I respect your opinion.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Presto123

[/quote]

Not soo true to be honest. If it was ever the case. I probably have bought boxter and Z4s while im going thru 5 honda s2000s
Old 07-19-2014, 11:06 AM

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts

This my opinion... Anyone who can afford M4 would love to get M4 over stingray unless you are hardcore american muscle car lover.
Im not picking an argument here. Just expressing my honest opinion. If you like the vette? Then great I respect your opinion.
You living in Cali makes you better?

Most people who can afford the c7 can probably afford the M. The price different isn't huge. The c7 already sold over 18000 cars. People are obviously loving the car.

I can easily afford an m3/m4, if I wanted a 2 seater tho id get the c7. If I wanted a real 4 seater I'd get the m3
Old 07-19-2014, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by s.hasan546
Originally Posted by cantsleep' timestamp='1405792072' post='23250798

You living in Cali makes you better?

Most people who can afford the c7 can probably afford the M. The price different isn't huge. The c7 already sold over 18000 cars. People are obviously loving the car.

I can easily afford an m3/m4, if I wanted a 2 seater tho id get the c7. If I wanted a real 4 seater I'd get the m3
Umm.... u indirectly asked where im from so I said im from cali. Where are all these assumptions of me thinking im better just because I reside in CA coming from??
Ok now back to the subject, that price similarity of these cars. I have more reason to choose M4 over the vette. But I still respect you liking the vette and no assumptions of you what so ever!
Old 07-19-2014, 12:52 PM

[/quote]

Where did you get that I live in Detroit?
<---------- look here to see where I live.

And no, not ANYONE that can afford an M4 would love it over a stringray. You make generalizations that are absurd. Many MANY people can afford either car and as another poster has enumerated, Chevy will sell many more Vettes than BMW will sell of the M3/M4. You don't have to be a hardcore American muscle car lover (btw- the vette isn't a muscle car) to appreciate the performance and value of the vette.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by kevinS2OOO
Originally Posted by Presto123' timestamp='1405774398' post='23250551
[quote name='Anrosphynx' timestamp='1405756604' post='23250418']

[/quote]

The Corvette is still in the running here because it's the best bang for the buck, which is pretty much its only advantage. If you were to ask anyone in Asia, or even in America, they would prefer a BMW over a Chevy. In terms of quality, design, brand image and confidence in racing heritage, performance, technology, practicality, comfortability, the BMW wins.

See Jeremy Clarkson's reviews on American cars if you will. I know he is biased but much of what he says about American cars is true.
[/quote]

We aren't in Asia and in America, the Vette outsells the M Bimmer. So it would appear that people here actually prefer the Chevy over the Bimmer.
The rest of your post is (as Clarkson would say) rubbish.

Look, I'm not saying BMWs are crap. The M series cars are great cars. I have much respect for them. But as car enthusiasts, lets not be delusional when it comes to respecting that another manufacturer can produce equally great performance cars. Your posts illustrate that you aren't capable of coming to the same conclusion.

Quick Reply: Chevrolet Corvette vs BMW M4