Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

changing the body

Old 01-23-2007, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For anybody who is 'bored' with the looks of a stock S2000. I think they are just that....bored. There's an old saying that goes: behind every hot girl there is some guy that is tired of nailing her. It's a little more vulgar than that...but you get the point.

I say; remember your first reaction to the S2000. I certainly remember mine. I loved the looks the first time I saw it. I think it is pretty damn amazing that, even though it looks very similar to the original, it still looks good today.

If nothing else, the S has classic good looks. I don't see any reason to remove it's classic good looks in favor of older classic good looks.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:46 AM

I can't believe there are so many people tired of the S2000's look. I still love it. I like the AP2 look better than the AP1 (I think it's more proportionally satisfying to the eyes), but I'd take either. Granted the car is nigh on 7 years old now and Honda should update with more power and a freshened look, but I think the car has staying power.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dyhppy,Jan 21 2007, 03:43 PM
love the S2k, but not really a great looking car imo. "it's a girl's car" "miata?" "cute little cab."

is there a way to take the body panels from another car and make them fit on the S? i know that with enough money, anything can be done, but any thoughts on the idea would be appreciated. what issues need to be considered?
Originally Posted by dyhppy @ Jan 21 2007, 06:39 PM
the other car doesn't drive as good (fun-wise) and i could never afford it. NSX or f430 spyder

If the F430 came with half the horsepower that it actually does, some people would call it a "girls' car" or "cute."

Hell, if the F430 had a Honda badge on it instead of a prancing horse, some would likely call it a "girls' car" or "cute."

Additionally, you're comparing a FR car to a couple of MR cars, which inherently have different styling because of engine/occupant location.

And as for the Miata comment, haven't you figured out by now that most people can't tell the difference between one roadster and another? Are you so offended that some people have mistaken your car for a Miata just because they don't know any better (or are trying to piss you off)? Keep in mind, had the Miata not been designed and such a success, I guarantee the S2000 (and many of the other roadsters of recent years) would have never been developed.

Forget about what others think, and think for yourself. I've gotten disparaging comments from some people, and they haven't swayed my opinion about my decision one bit.

If you personally don't like the looks of the S2000, fine! You are more than welcome to your own opinion. But you sound like you are not happy with the car for this point alone. If that's the case, then don't be surprised when people tell you to find another car. Only you can determine if the fun-factor is enough to overcome the aesthetics.

The only other advice I can offer is to consider a body kit.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Slamnasty,Jan 23 2007, 01:46 PM
I can't believe there are so many people tired of the S2000's look. I still love it. I like the AP2 look better than the AP1 (I think it's more proportionally satisfying to the eyes), but I'd take either. Granted the car is nigh on 7 years old now and Honda should update with more power and a freshened look, but I think the car has staying power.

Despite it's age and how other cars look, it is what it is and I like it.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:14 AM

WTF?
Old 01-23-2007, 11:35 AM

and i have determined that styling is not that big an issue to overcome driving feel. that's why im sticking with this amazing car. this thread was done half jokingly. i know that it would cost a ton and that it could prob be done. and i also expected the flamers to come out, just read the title. but seriously, stop being so defensive. i must have said the car is amazing like 10 times just in this thread alone. if someone had actual experience converting a body, than i wanted to hear from them.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:02 PM

So if you liked the way the Fiero drove, you'd be one of those guys to put a Ferrari body kit on it?

You already got the correct answer. The hood, trunklid, bumpers and front fenders unbolt from the car. The rest of the body work you see IS the car.

I personally think the S is a great design, it is very cohesive, looks aggressive but is also subtle enough to be ageing very well. Better than the G35 has, IMO.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by dyhppy,Jan 22 2007, 12:42 AM
i dont care what other people say. i happen to agree with what they say.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE=Dr. WOT,Jan 23 2007, 04:02 PM] So if you liked the way the Fiero drove, you'd be one of those guys to put a Ferrari body kit on it?
Old 01-23-2007, 06:56 PM

IMO, it would be cheaper to make a used NSX satisfactorily fun to drive than it would be to make the S2000 look like a mid-engine exotic. Plus you won't be driving a kit car!

Quick Reply: changing the body