Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Cars that have aged poorly

Old 08-16-2010, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fapout,Aug 15 2010, 06:17 PM
Looks like a miata now...

Honestly the S2000 is looking dated by now. Especially the AP1.

I think the NC Miata will have longer legs in terms of design.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't believe how this thread has gone. Its a question of what hasn't aged well people - not what hasn't aged at all.

A car from the 80's looking like it's from the 80's doesn't mean it hasn't aged well.
A car from the 90's looking like it's from the 90's doesn't mean it hasn't aged well.
Halle Barry at 43 has aged very well. Fergie has not. If something looks newer than it's production date - it's aging well. If it looks older than it really is - it's not aging well. Don't pull out the Lamborghini Countach and say it hasn't aged well as if you think it looks even older than 20 because it doesn't. It looks 80's and that's perfect for the car.

The F430 will continue to age well, unlike the 360. The Gallardo's will continue to age well, and I think the lotus esprit has aged well. I don't mind pop-up lights and I think the styling is pretty modern looking even still. The DB7 is a perfect example of a car that looks even older than it is.
All Mustangs from 95 on up have aged horribly: it shows not much effort was put into them with their horrible interior styling, dull exteriors, and lack of anything near modern (you guys are JUST getting HID projectors?? Seriously??).
I think the Maserati GranTurismo has aged well, unlike the Quattroporte which looks much older than it is. Of course if the current Quattroporte had been out about 4-10 years earlier I wouldn't be saying this.

All mini vans can go directly to the top of the list while I'm thinking about it.

Anything Chrysler is automatically on the list, to include the Viper. The Viper has had a lot of potential, but the fit and finish along with materials used shows Chrylser has abandoned making it the King it could have been. It's really too bad as I grew up thinking they were so cool, just to have my dreams shattered once I saw a couple in person. They're complete garbage and I now understand why they never win in magazine articles though they can be the fastest car of the group they're tested against.

I think the Z3 looks very Goldeneye and just as old as it really is. The early year Boxters IMHO, look even older and more dated.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:53 PM

Anything Audi....terrible and boring.

I'm also in the F430 looked horrible to begin with boat.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by MuttGrunt,Aug 16 2010, 10:32 PM
I can't believe how this thread has gone. Its a question of what hasn't aged well people - not what hasn't aged at all.

A car from the 80's looking like it's from the 80's doesn't mean it hasn't aged well.
A car from the 90's looking like it's from the 90's doesn't mean it hasn't aged well.
Halle Barry at 43 has aged very well. Fergie has not. If something looks newer than it's production date - it's aging well. If it looks older than it really is - it's not aging well. Don't pull out the Lamborghini Countach and say it hasn't aged well as if you think it looks even older than 20 because it doesn't. It looks 80's and that's perfect for the car.

The F430 will continue to age well, unlike the 360. The Gallardo's will continue to age well, and I think the lotus esprit has aged well. I don't mind pop-up lights and I think the styling is pretty modern looking even still. The DB7 is a perfect example of a car that looks even older than it is.
All Mustangs from 95 on up have aged horribly: it shows not much effort was put into them with their horrible interior styling, dull exteriors, and lack of anything near modern (you guys are JUST getting HID projectors?? Seriously??).
I think the Maserati GranTurismo has aged well, unlike the Quattroporte which looks much older than it is. Of course if the current Quattroporte had been out about 4-10 years earlier I wouldn't be saying this.

All mini vans can go directly to the top of the list while I'm thinking about it.

Anything Chrysler is automatically on the list, to include the Viper. The Viper has had a lot of potential, but the fit and finish along with materials used shows Chrylser has abandoned making it the King it could have been. It's really too bad as I grew up thinking they were so cool, just to have my dreams shattered once I saw a couple in person. They're complete garbage and I now understand why they never win in magazine articles though they can be the fastest car of the group they're tested against.

I think the Z3 looks very Goldeneye and just as old as it really is. The early year Boxters IMHO, look even older and more dated.
Finally, the voice of reason! Thank you for giving me the 15 minutes of my life I was prepared to waste typing after reading most of the responses!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by 20aeman,Aug 16 2010, 05:48 PM
Honestly the S2000 is looking dated by now. Especially the AP1.

I think the NC Miata will have longer legs in terms of design.

The NC is by far the worst looking Miata out there. I'm pretty sure you are the only one that thinks this other than my sister. The S2000 is no where near aged, it never will. I am no fanboi either, timeless will forever be timeless.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:25 AM

I definitely agree on the NC Miata.

Any year Mercedes.

Previous general Jettas/GTI
Old 08-17-2010, 06:33 AM

g35 looks dated fast
Old 08-17-2010, 07:33 AM

[QUOTE=20aeman,Aug 16 2010, 05:48 PM]Honestly the S2000 is looking dated by now.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by 34witt,Aug 16 2010, 10:08 PM
The NC is by far the worst looking Miata out there. I'm pretty sure you are the only one that thinks this other than my sister. The S2000 is no where near aged, it never will. I am no fanboi either, timeless will forever be timeless.

S2K = timeless. All you need to do is slap on some new headlights/taillights/bumpers every few years.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 AM

I'm not sure what some people are thinking on some of the cars but everyone is entitled to their opinion (well most are at least...lol) but how do some people say that to the NSX?

I still think that is one of the best aged cars in all time. Production line of 15 years and still amazed when I see the '91 and how modern it still looks... or is that just me?

Quick Reply: Cars that have aged poorly