Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

This car will bailout GM's money woes..

Old 12-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nightwalker,Dec 21 2008, 07:27 PM
I personally think the new crapmaro is ugly. Worse than the previous one. It should have stayed dead.
I think it looks every bit as good as the 69...heck, it's clearly a throw-back

the new Mustang looks like ass
Old 12-21-2008, 08:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This car looks looks very strange in person. Like a cartoon. Looks better in pictures.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the car looks great but the mpg and power isnt too great, i would rather spend my money else where
Old 12-22-2008, 12:25 AM

I new direct injection multivalve DOHC V6 is a sweet engine.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect,Dec 21 2008, 12:59 PM
Lol, of course, I'm just saying that the marketing concept for the camaro isn't too far fetched once some people get over their biases.

amazing how quickly the usually intelligent, well-read, very informed general population of S2k owners turn the opposite when talking about a non-japanese vehicle. i think we all have our bias', but geeze... this stuff is crazy.

first the UAW comments, as if all other car companies are doing so great (nearly 40billion being pumped to european makers form their governments). oddly enough, new hires in the UAW are making between 14-17 per hour. (i dont mean to defend them, and i'm personally not a fan of UAW, but lets get some facts straight).

then we get all the niche market comments. wow. i think we all know this isn't going to truly be the car to save GM. gas milage is pretty nice in the V6, but just like with the mustang, the V6 versions aren't the ones to generate any buzz (though they will b the ones to generate sells). with gas soon to be back around $4ish / gallon, truly is too little too late.
don't forget that we are niche market buyers (s2k owners). that being said, if we (niche market buyers) don't like a car....then that means that car probably isn't for....come on....there u go... NICHE MARKET BUYERS! so i think this car WILL sell ok - especially in the v6.
keeping along the niche market lines.... anyone else find it funny to see this stuff being posted knowing that if there was a nice S3000 coming out that was very raw and niche market based, how it would be responded to here (as if it would SAVE honda's hurting sales) ?

my last comment - the one that pissed me off the most. Chevy. An American Revolution. Pony Car. American Muscle.
the new camero is being made in Canada.

my 2 cents
Old 12-22-2008, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Malloric,Dec 21 2008, 12:58 PM
I still doubt the Camaro will turn GM around... it'd take a phenomenal jump in something like F150 sales to do that.
GM? F150 sales?

Ford sales would help GM?
Old 12-22-2008, 05:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kenstyle,Dec 20 2008, 07:58 PM
This car will bailout GM's money woes..
Nope....

It is going to take a lot more than just one new vehicle to save GM from the sorry position they have put themselves in.

I bought 1 new GM product, and at 32,000 miles I traded it for another Nissan because it was going to take me to the poor house after the warranty expired. That Chevy was such a piece of crap, and with so few miles it had been on a flatbed 4 or 5 times having stranded me. Never again GM, and I suspect, there are lots of people like me out there; I gave you one chance, and you blew it, big time.

GM'S COMMITMENT TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
We deeply appreciate the Congress considering General Motors' request to borrow up to $18 billion from the United States. We want to be sure the American people know why we need it, what we'll do with it and how it will make GM viable for the long term.

While we're still the U.S. sales leader, we acknowledge we have disappointed you. At times we violated your trust by letting our quality fall below industry standards and our designs become lackluster. We have proliferated our brands and dealer network to the point where we lost adequate focus on our core U.S. market. We also biased our product mix toward pick-up trucks and SUVs. And, we made commitments to compensation plans that have proven to be unsustainable in today's globally competitive industry. We have paid dearly for these decisions, learned from them and are working hard to correct them by restructuring our U.S. business to be viable for the long term.
Even the CEO admits this bulllshit, and the ONLY reason he is being honest now is because he wants billions of our money as a loan.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:44 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MuttGrunt,Dec 22 2008, 06:06 AM
oddly enough, new hires in the UAW are making between 14-17 per hour. (i dont mean to defend them, and i'm personally not a fan of UAW, but lets get some facts straight).

So I guess this UAW worker is lying ?

Originally Posted by Swiftoy,Dec 16 2008, 07:58 PM
I work at Nummi here in Fremont Ca. we make 29.53 per hr. at top pay plus COLA and 5% shift differential for 2nd shift...

Swiftoy
Old 12-22-2008, 09:07 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2007 Zx-10,Dec 21 2008, 10:31 PM
whatever, son...you first said it was 375, then 325, anyway, it's all without facts
Learn how to read little zx-10.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:59 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Popeye,Dec 22 2008, 06:44 AM

So I guess this UAW worker is lying ?
Wow, didn't know the folks at nummi were making that kind of money, ridiculous. But to be fair, those wages are that way because they're in the heart of the bay area which has some ridiculous living wages, I'm sure a uaw worker elsewhere is making much less, but still overinflated competitively speaking.

Quick Reply: This car will bailout GM's money woes..