Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Car and Driver Announces Corvette Zora

Old 09-10-2014, 12:34 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider
It might not be, but I could've sworn the NSX concept graced a few covers.

Unfortunately, the car mags are going to have to do whatever they can to sell magazines, or they won't survive in print form. I used to subscribe to 3 of them, but gave up years ago as they just got too ad heavy.

I wouldn't let it bother you, though I do agree that printing stories like this is pretty stupid. It's got to be somewhat tough for these guys now though, how exciting can it be to write about all the new SUV's coming out? There isn't a lot of cars worthy of being in magazines nowadays.

EDIT: and FTR, they aren't the only ones reporting it (granted the others haven't put it on their covers) and GM did indeed trademark 'Zora' recently. They may be some truth to it.
I try not to let it get to me, there are good sources for automotive news, but I kind of just wish magazines and newspapers could die off more quickly. It's embarrassing to watch. Our local newspaper has the WORST online presence, and get this, they want you to PAY for it. I want to know about local events and stuff but I will stick to hearing about it through social media.

Again, I have no problems with GM producing a car named Zora, but it seems crazy to try to print an article based on sheer conjecture.

Yeah, SUVs are way boring but I feel like there are quite a few cars I would like to hear more about, but ads and rumors take up most of the space.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:41 PM

Ha, perfect follow up to show how exactly how ridiculous these articles seem. Better renderings even. From: http://jalopnik.com/exclusive-ferrar...ked-1633110704

Old 09-10-2014, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since when was the bat mobile painted red?
Old 09-10-2014, 02:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fortunately I have a Road & Track subsciption instead, wonder if the two are related though? Motortrend and Road & Track both have lots of ads, but at least have a lot of interesting and well written articles worth reading. To me, the "Zora" simply looks like a Corvette and an Evora put into one, might as well call it the Cavora.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by EricJT7
Fortunately I have a Road & Track subsciption instead, wonder if the two are related though?
Pretty sure they are both part of the Hearst Media corporation.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marioshi
Originally Posted by EricJT7' timestamp='1410389077' post='23325430
Fortunately I have a Road & Track subsciption instead, wonder if the two are related though?
Pretty sure they are both part of the Hearst Media corporation.
Wow, after a quick google search, it looks like they own a heck of a lot more too, including ESPN, the History Channel, etc. etc. Wonder how much influence they actually have over all that though, or if they let the "individual" magazines/channels do completely their own thing? For example, I worked for a major insurance company for a brief period, which was owned by an even bigger company. But it was the insurance company that was making everything happen, or so it seemed. I suspect the bigger company/corporation was in it strictly for the profit and didn't put much of any restrictions of any kind as long as everything went smoothly and is profitable for them.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This almost looks like a bigger lotus evora...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2014, 04:43 AM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

WE all know that artist's renderings are not indicative of final production vehicles, let them have their fun.

Hopefully, they'll change the name; enthusiasts know who Zora was but for most of the population, it's Frasier's Greek aunt on a sit-com.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:01 AM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts

I really don't understand all the hate. Besides, the more of that issue is dedicated to the lightning laps than any other article.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:37 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

The difference between this and the NSX/S2000 is that Honda put out actual concepts of those cars and they were seen testing. This is purely a rumour with no concept shown by GM nor any testing of vehicles to show they're serious.

I believe this is pure conjecture but the bottom line is, they have no proof or hint from GM about this (at least that we know of). It could be fabricated or it could be that they can't reveal their source and so they have to present it as a strong rumour (or anonymously verified fact).

Quick Reply: Car and Driver Announces Corvette Zora