Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Car buying rant.......

Old 09-27-2016, 10:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

another salesman checking in... (of the regular car variety though) personally i put in a ton of effort with my online leads... in store haggling drives me nuts... people dont understand that there isn't thousands of dollars in profit for us to discount off the selling prices
Old 09-27-2016, 01:27 PM

Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts

Has anyone tried buying a car via Costco?
Old 09-27-2016, 03:59 PM
Gold Member (Premium)Member (Premium)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Has anyone tried buying a car via Costco?
Yes. It only puts you into contact with a dealership and you email back and forth about what ever model you want. It is no different than emailing a sales rep and initiating a conversation about a vehicle you're interested in.

There is no savings or expedited sales about it compared to what you could do yourself via email.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:50 PM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

I used roadster.com. Think lightweight broker. I sat on my couch and a car showed up. Signed a few things. Roadster dude showed me the whole car and left. Painless.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:21 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I enjoy the chase and the art of negotiation. Just another skill our kids are loosing.
Old 09-28-2016, 06:35 AM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by David1
I enjoy the chase and the art of negotiation. Just another skill our kids are loosing.
Cool. I'm not a kid but I'm happy to loose it.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Letting loose all dose skills
Old 09-29-2016, 08:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by David1
Hopefully the kids will know the difference between "loose" and "lose", negotiation skills aside...
Old 09-30-2016, 05:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I used to work at a Nissan dealer as an Internet sales manager. Don't be fooled, the manager title was just a title since I was basically and Internet salesman. Anyway, a lot of people don't understand having to sell a car from our end. We deal with a lot crap just to push out 1 unit. I dealt with all sorts of customers. I think the worst are the people who have bad credit and have expensive taste. It's like no bro,your 500 credit score does not qualify you for the gtr.
There are also people who feel that a cars price is worth whatever they feel it's worth. The worst case I had with this was some dude who recently moved in from India. He wanted a new Altima at $14k out the door. $14k!!! Invoice was 21k or something like that. After rebate it would've been 18k at best. My manager shat himself when I told him. He even came out to meet the guy and ask what his reasoning was behind the price. "I feel like that is a good price" was his response. Needless to say we showed him the door.
By the time we get through all that bs and get to the customers who are serious buyers looking for a good deal we are pretty much over it. That coupled with sales managers constantly breathing down your neck makes it hard for us to give out good deals. I couldn't make good deals happen all the time because managers won't let me. They're all about profits and how much money they squeeze out of a deal.
People should try being a salesman at some point in their life. It opens your eyes to a whole new world of bs (lol). I'm not saying don't get the best deal and pay whatever the dealer/salesman tells you (never be a lay down customer), I'm just telling people to be understanding. Unless they're jerking you around like the guys who gave my cousin and I the worst customer service at Pacific BMW. Yeah,screw those types of sales people.
If you have to leave with anything just know to always deal with the Internet department. Unlike the sales floor people,they have the ability to sell below invoice since they get paid below MSRP and above. Regular people only get paid at MSRP and above.
/rant lol
Old 10-17-2016, 07:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Veteran Honda Salesperson here:
First off the internet has totally changed the sales business in general. Consumers have access to an unlimited amount of information and can educate themselves in order to make a wise decision. Going online has cut into profits off all businesses including the car business to the point that we are selling more for less which is ok but don't complain when they have to make it up elsewhere like in the service and parts dept or just hire an under qualified staff to help you out cause they can't afford to pay top dollar for the best techs,reps,and other dealer staff when you need assistance. In other words you get what you pay for in most instances especially when it comes to customer service which is key in the sales business.