Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Can an 11th grader come up with $80,000 cash?..

Old 07-12-2005, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knew a guy back in highschool that made some good money designing/maintaining websites for various corporations (back when there was actually good money to be made doing so... nowadays everybody and their mother knows how to create a website with stuff like frontpage, dreamweaver, etc)... I don't know exactly how much he made but for his age he was pretty much loaded. Also realize that he wasn't paying rent or any bills etc. because he was still living at home.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:44 PM

I teach high school us history and there are kids that drive new 3 series and new f150s in my class and it ticks me off that I'm having to save every extra penny to get a used s2k while my kids have cars that are much nicer then mine. In concern to the 80k questions its parents 90% of the time inheritance 5% and drugs 4% and movie star or other the last 1%. It nice that we have enough money to provide the nicer things for the childern of this Country but a 10 year old having a cell phone and a 16 year driving a new 3 series is a way overboard
Old 07-12-2005, 12:50 PM

depends on if he's ethical, he could of said he was collecting money for a charity and kept it. some people will do anything to get money.

but if he got it legit then he is obviously doing something right.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arw you all refering to me LOL!
Old 07-12-2005, 01:08 PM

OK so I do see this is about me. Yes the car was a gift when I was 15 I am almost 18. So yea I have put alot of my money into it not everyhting but alot. I paid for my throttle bodies and my engine management and YEs I am paying for the tuneing. I work and make decent moeny where I work. I put all my money in my car and I dont buy things over and over. SO yes I do spend alot my money on the car And I get alot bought for me as well. But put at to you this way I am 17 ANd just spent 140 bucks from last weeks paycheck on MOtul fluids and Today my mechanic and I changed them and put a braided clutch line on. How many dumb ignorent 17 year olds do you know that can have any concpet like I do about the s2000. Yea btw mine is not a show car. And I enjoy driveing it The car is being built for the track.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:10 PM

OT.. yes, but mostly likely comes up w/ parents
Old 07-12-2005, 01:12 PM

BTW I make money at a Maytag home appliance business. I deliver aapliances as well as repair them during the day. The rest of the time I file warrenty claims on the computer. I do alot of the work myself. Yea this is also my only car its my daily driver too. Got any more questions?
Old 07-12-2005, 01:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by learnerspermit,Jul 12 2005, 01:08 PM
OK so I do see this is about me. Yes the car was a gift when I was 15 I am almost 18. So yea I have put alot of my money into it not everyhting but alot. I paid for my throttle bodies and my engine management and YEs I am paying for the tuneing. I work and make decent moeny where I work. I put all my money in my car and I dont buy things over and over. SO yes I do spend alot my money on the car And I get alot bought for me as well. But put at to you this way I am 17 ANd just spent 140 bucks from last weeks paycheck on MOtul fluids and Today my mechanic and I changed them and put a braided clutch line on. How many dumb ignorent 17 year olds do you know that can have any concpet like I do about the s2000. Yea btw mine is not a show car. And I enjoy driveing it The car is being built for the track.
I was referring to you and I was not saying anything negatively and I dont think most people were either. I am the same way. I put a lot of my money into my car! If I didnt have a en girlfriend, I would put all my money into my car. Anyways, lets say that somebody makes double the money that I do. But then half there paychecks go to rent. They end up having the same amount of money to spend as I do since I still live at home. I had moved out, but I just cant stand many people enough to live with them. I still want Chris to answer my question regarding sponsorships. Nothing against you, I have been getting some sponsorships lately and I just started thinking that it isnt much different than getting money from your parents. Either way, its free money.

Ryan
Old 07-12-2005, 01:16 PM

i sit on my ass all day selling car accessories and make like 40k a year

im 19.. started own business at 17...

idk... i wish i made more/had less bills.. but dont we all

my parents are assholes so i kinda had to start my own business to pay for shit
Old 07-12-2005, 01:16 PM

I wasnt trying to be rude to you Ryan but see some ass hats on here have tried to start some shit and its old now, But some of those quotes I was takeing as some ppl tying to bash.

Quick Reply: Can an 11th grader come up with $80,000 cash?..