Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Cadillac Improves Interiors

Old 08-05-2006, 12:40 PM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Man, you guys pick up on stuff I'd never notice (or else realize are there for a purpose). I still think it's a huge jump forward - it's actually pleasing to my eye, whereas the previous interior just looked like a tree trunk stuck in the vehicle with a few buttons protruding to make a few gadgets work.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG,Aug 5 2006, 05:19 AM
Who the hell would think to 'intentionally' place the icon off-center to prevent it from wearing off in a few years.

Of course, I've seen many older domestic AND foreign cars that have had the writing rubbed off and it's annoying figuring out what the button is for.

Finally, do you GM haters really think they order sub-standard plastic parts that 'accidently' have the writing off-center. I can understand the cheaper plastic part, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to get the lettering lined up on a damn button if that is what GM spec'd.
I agree. Also, it just so happens that the mold house I'm working with for a non-automotive project makes switches for both GM and Honda. They put just as much effort into each.
While I was visiting that molder I found out why older GM radios and window switches seemed notorious for "rubbing through" after a few years. By rubbing through I mean when the gray or black paint around the numbers would be worn away and you could see a lot of light through the button. Turns out it was the type of paint GM was using. GM was making those parts in the US and under US environmental laws. The Japanese would make those parts overseas (Japan or non-US) where the environmental laws were more lax. In those countries they could use the more durable but less environmentally friendly chemicals. Since then new paints have been developed so these buttons can be made in the US without the wear issues they suffered from in the past.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:45 PM
bkw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a good start, but I believe that GM really needs to revamp their "common-use" bins with more quality buttons and dials, and use less boring unsculpted plastic.

There's quite a few nice GM products out there that I believe just arent selling because the interiors are too plastic-y, look cheap and worst of all - feel cheap. I can't think of any american made interior that actually make me feel exhilarated or inspired to drive and add to the joy of driving. It's too bad though, because the newer american motors and designs are quite refreshing.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by bkw,Aug 5 2006, 09:45 PM
This is a good start, but I believe that GM really needs to revamp their "common-use" bins with more quality buttons and dials, and use less boring unsculpted plastic.

There's quite a few nice GM products out there that I believe just arent selling because the interiors are too plastic-y, look cheap and worst of all - feel cheap. I can't think of any american made interior that actually make me feel exhilarated or inspired to drive and add to the joy of driving. It's too bad though, because the newer american motors and designs are quite refreshing.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:57 PM

i just test drove the srx around autobahn country club for the car&driver/road&track ride and drive this weekend. it was an 06 and the interior on that 07 looks WAY better than what i experienced. that srx is actually pretty fun to drive on the track, it definitely surprised a lot of us on saturday.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Banned

I would take the Acura interior over that Caddilac crap interior anyday.
I dont know what some of your are smoking but this interior is 100x better.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:54 AM

Actually I like both. I'm not sure which I like better. However, referring to the Caddy interior as crap... well that statement is crap.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rockville,Aug 7 2006, 02:54 PM
Actually I like both. I'm not sure which I like better. However, referring to the Caddy interior as crap... well that statement is crap.
refering to my statement as crap, makes yours even more crappier....
Old 08-07-2006, 02:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

it looks like theyre taking some good cues from car companies like infiniti
Old 08-07-2006, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tugz_S2K,Aug 7 2006, 02:31 PM
refering to my statement as crap, makes yours even more crappier....
Well referring to my statement that yours was crap as crappier makes yours the crappiest!

Quick Reply: Cadillac Improves Interiors