Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

C7 Corvette test video reviews are out!

Old 07-25-2013, 06:40 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts
Default C7 Corvette test video reviews are out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NjYGtxClsM

Hell yeah. While people have opinions and preferences, I think the C7 is a game changer for Corvette. The C5 had good bones and did the job, but had a lot of deficiencies. The C6 cleaned up a fair number of those deficiencies and expanded the refinement and performance envelope especially with the Z models.

The C7 leaves very little to be desired, save possibly rear-end styling. The technology, integration, performance, refinement, and interior features/quality are just outstanding at any price. Factor in price and you are going to see A LOT of other sports car brand owners jumping over to the Vette and checking out the water IMHO. The vast majority will likely be pleasantly surprised.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:46 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

Its ok.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:50 AM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

But does it handle as well as a Fit in the twisties?
Old 07-25-2013, 07:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Love everything about this car aside from the rear styling.... and even that could grow on me with time (maybe).
Old 07-25-2013, 07:27 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

I love everything about the C7, but the rear end is a bit awkward for me. But, I just had a thought. Maybe, it's the Corvette designer's way of giving the middle finger to all the cars the C7 Corvette is going to pass at the streets, tracks, and roadcourses around the world? Kind of a "Bye, bye Mr. Porsche, take a look at my ugly ass as I disappear into the horizon."
Old 07-25-2013, 07:56 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
I love everything about the C7, but the rear end is a bit awkward for me. But, I just had a thought. Maybe, it's the Corvette designer's way of giving the middle finger to all the cars the C7 Corvette is going to pass at the streets, tracks, and roadcourses around the world? Kind of a "Bye, bye Mr. Porsche, take a look at my ugly ass as I disappear into the horizon."

Might be too subtle for Porsche drivers.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I seriously shopped three previous generations but after numerous drives did not buy... I am really attracted to this new car and hope one winds up in my garage.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG

While I am sure the C7 is a very fine car, I think the term "game changer" does not fit.

I might possibly fit into the target market for this car. Male, can afford one, like sports cars. But to me it is just the evolution of a Corvette, which is a car that never really appealed to me in the first place.

I don't mean to flame with my opinions, although I am sure it will be but here goes anyways. Corvettes, muscle cars, and Vipers have always been about brute force as an image. To me it is an image of sort of like having a huge pair of balls and always wearing them outside of your pants, hanging out for all to see. Not my thing, I prefer an elegant look, a bit more understated. Sort of like comparing the new 458 Italia to most Lamborghini's. The Lambos are more in your face and to me the Ferrari is elegant. Nothing about the new styling of the C7 speaks to me. Sharp angles, loud looking scoops, the giant hole in the hood. It is very in your face, balls hanging out. Don't want it. Even though the seats are better, and it has improved tech (which every car these days does and I don't care about).

Would I like to take one for a spin someday? Sure. I bet it is fun, and V8 torque has few equals. But I much prefer the Cayman and love the new one so that will be the next toy when the time comes. Nothing Chevy did with the C7 changes the image, just improves on the same formula. But Porsche did the same thing with the Cayman, took an excellent car and made it better and while it gets applause, game changer does not fit there either.

I also much prefer mid engine. To me they are so much more fun to drive than anything else. The sound of the engine behind your head, and the planted feel of the tail end. I am sure the Corvette is faster, but everyone has driven cars that offered more fun than cars that were faster. I will take the car that appeals to me in style and fun to drive over the one that is obviously faster in a straight line.

I am sure it is a great car for a lot of people but I am not sure that it is so revolutionary that people that the Corvette never appealed to before are suddenly going to love it because it make more power still, and has nicer seats. If I saw somebody driving one, I'd give them the thumbs up and say "nice wheels" but its not like Chevy blew my socks off or even grabbed my attention for that matter.

It's nice, but it is another Corvette. I still want the slower, but probably for me much more fun to drive Cayman. Honestly, I prefer the scalpel-sleek euro yuppy image over the hammer like Nascar one.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll wait 'til I see one on the road for the final verdict, but the styling overall (not just the back) just looks really messy and clunky to me.

Bleh.

I'm sure it's a great driver, and the interior looks great.

Quick Reply: C7 Corvette test video reviews are out!