Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

C6 - slightly modified - :yummy:

Old 08-13-2005, 03:18 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8,Aug 12 2005, 11:12 AM
Does it bother anyone else that Chevy sells more Corvettes in automatic than in manual???
i dont understand how this could possibly bother anyone

u have your choice of whatever you want to buy
Old 08-13-2005, 03:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

oh and those wheels at least need a polished lip if nothing else

looks like crap right now IMO
Old 08-13-2005, 06:20 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8,Aug 12 2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah... I know they sell what people buy, but in my opinion it ruins a nice sports car to throw an Auto-tranny in it. I always think that someone who buys an automatic sports car is more interested in HAVING the car than they are in DRIVING it

For me, I care very little about the badge on the hood, HP, or the 1/4mi times. I'm in a car for the driving experience. I would probably have more fun driving around a 5 speed CRX than an auto Vette.

But that's my opinion. To each their own
The difference between your opinion and Chev's opinion is that they have to make money on theirs - they don't have the luxury of "conscience". So, while they may agree that a manual tranny is a must for a sports car, the decision to offer it in an auto is definitely necessary.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:51 PM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8,Aug 12 2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah... I know they sell what people buy, but in my opinion it ruins a nice sports car to throw an Auto-tranny in it. I always think that someone who buys an automatic sports car is more interested in HAVING the car than they are in DRIVING it

For me, I care very little about the badge on the hood, HP, or the 1/4mi times. I'm in a car for the driving experience. I would probably have more fun driving around a 5 speed CRX than an auto Vette.

But that's my opinion. To each their own
i think it is lame too.......

I also think it is lame that about 90% of ferrari owners would probably be happier in a ford taurus.

I bought a truck from a guy who had 2 ferraris, gt2 porsche, sl65, etc...... when i asked if he had been to the track he almost looked offended..."NO"... blaaaaaa

he had over $1M in awesome cars, yet drove them like a little old man.

he hadnt even floored the typhoon that i bought from him all the way to 100mph to see if it would go into 4th gear a full throttle! ....so why have a car with 300-400-500 hp if you only use 5% of it??

o well.... i guess just like why does a dog lick his balls......
Old 08-13-2005, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kumar75150,Aug 13 2005, 03:18 AM
i dont understand how this could possibly bother anyone

u have your choice of whatever you want to buy
Yeah, well I'm weird like that I suppose.

However, the logic that since I have a choice means I shouldn't be bothered by anything is a little unnecessary. We discuss the pros and cons about cars all the time that we don't have.

Why does it bother me? Because I don't like the idea of such a capable performance machine being in the hands of someone who just wants a boulevardier. It seems like a bit of a waste to me. There are a million teenage boys out there who would give anything to have a 6-speed Corvette to tear around in, and yet the people who can afford them water down the driving experience with an automatic transmission. I guess this bothers me because I was a teenage boy at one time.

YES, I know Chevy needs to make money.

YES, I know people will buy what they want, more power to them.

But that doesn't mean it can't bother me a little bit, right?

Old 08-13-2005, 03:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BioBanker,Aug 12 2005, 06:31 AM
The only way I could ever see myself in a Vette was to get one that looked like the beast it is.

Black on black, with black wheels.

Pure hell on wheels.
Same here brother!
Old 08-14-2005, 05:41 PM

i know this is a little off topic but i have to ask. i was on the pa turnpike when i came across what looked liked a viper. as it got closer i realized that it was the front of a c6....except it had a front hood scoop and wide as hell fenders just like a new zo6. i wish i took a pic but it went by pretty fast. was it the real deal or maybe a c6 wannabe z06?
Old 08-15-2005, 06:07 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

If it had wide fenders, both front and rear, it's going to be hard to duplicate that on a 'fake' Z06. Anyway, there are pilot and preproduction models all over the place, but the production model has not quite been released. It's going to happen very, very soon though.

Luckily, my buddy is getting one of the first ones in TX. I hope he doesn't try to flip it for a profit and then wait for another one. I want us to go and rag it out.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:57 AM

this sucker had some wide fenders both front and rear. wish i was on the same side of the highway so i can shoot a pic.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by ProV1,Aug 12 2005, 08:05 PM
can someone tell me how the Z06 looks different exterior-wise compared to a regular C6?
They got the ride height looking pretty good on the new Z06.
http://www.engine-power.com/chevy/2006_che...ette_z06_7.html

Quick Reply: C6 - slightly modified - :yummy: