Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

C6 Corvette

Old 01-13-2004, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Corvette

What do you guys think of the new C6 Corvette? I saw it at the Detroit Auto Show last week and thought it looked fantastic, but the red color was awful
The color of the show car was the red in the new Car and Driver (not the red shown in Road & Track or Automobile)

anyway, that's my .02

f1dna

Sebring/Black '02
Old 01-13-2004, 05:50 PM
ttb

some angles it looks great. but the rear end doesnt fit with the front.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:16 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Overt Ferrari Modena design in the front end; not that that's a bad thing.

I think the C6 will be a big hit.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:59 PM

How many threads are there going to be about the C6?
Old 01-13-2004, 08:25 PM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by JoeD
How many threads are there going to be about the C6?

Looks
performance

What's not to like? 6L 400hp/400 TQ Available with a sports set up that gets it close to Z06 performance on the track.

I'll pass on being the first year bug finder, but down the road maybe although the C6 Z06 is supposed to have the stuff.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:48 PM

I've seen one up close at LA Auto Show. Metallic Orange finish looks good on that thing. Personally, I don't see any styling flaws - your tastes may vary (YTMV)-, but the interior, although much better improved than playskool int. of the C5/Z06, is not quite up to par with the rest of the world in that price range. Speaking of price, C6's MSRP is too steep, at about mid - high 40k's. Can't imagine what Z06 ver. will cost..... Reliability....I'm hoping it'll be better, we'll know for sure when it finally hits the streets. But being anywhere on par with Honda?? I'm not holding my breath...

But all in all, it ain't bad..... I like it! Will I get it? Probably not. I don't see any cars out of Detroit worthy of owning. But I sure won't mind if someone's offering me a test drive.

My 2 cents.....
Old 01-14-2004, 12:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree about the sucky interior but dont get your point about reliability. C5s are pretty damn reliable, even as reliable as a Honda. :gasp:
Old 01-14-2004, 04:19 AM

Joe, you didn't think the C6 was just going to let the Elise walk away with the most threads award, did you?

I saw some video of it and it looks amazing. I really like the fact that they made this one smaller and lighter, it seems like it will be much more of a sports car. Another big plus is they paid close attention to it's behaviour at high speed and apparently it's rock solid at 180mph. Do you need that? Probably not, but it means that the car is composed and well sorted.

The interior is a big improvement over the rubber maid parts bin disaster on the c5 (which in it's own right was a quantum leap over the video game arcade interior of the c4). It looks like GM decided to go with a fairly generic import-esque style complete with that aweful metallic finish plastic, still a big improvment, but I can't help but think they could have done something even better.

In all this seems like a world beater, especially in terms of value (as usual) and the only faults are really just nick picks.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:26 AM

I agree. I saw it at the detroit auto show as well. I personally was underwhelmed by it. I like the magazine shots but seeing it in person was kind of a let down. Maybe it was the color and the crappy finish at the car show. Maybe it was the cheap plastic used in the headlights that really stood out. Maybe it was the rear end that just didn't look right. I don't know. I'll wait to see one on the road a few times before deciding for sure.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:31 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Are they still producing the Xirallic (metal flake) red for the C6? I've always thought that was a wicked cool color...

Quick Reply: C6 Corvette