Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Bye Bye SpeedVision

Old 02-10-2002, 05:43 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bye Bye SpeedVision

Well, tomorrow is the last day of SpeedVision. Tomorrow night it becomes the Speed Channel, aka the NASCAR Channel. Oh well, nothing good lasts forever. They had a little bit of a preview today...gawd...one of the announcers actually said, "I seen him do it last race."

Is it just me or does NASCAR remind anyone else of WWF in a car?
Old 02-10-2002, 06:10 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I
Old 02-10-2002, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No more speedvision? This sucks!!! I hate nascar, it is so lame...oh well. Your right, good things dont last forever..
Old 02-10-2002, 06:26 PM

In January and February, the World Rally Championship coverage on Speedvision has been outstanding. Much better than last year. Whereas last year they would broadcast a single one hour summary of each Rally (3-4 weeks after the event ended), this year they are doing one hour per day of each leg of each Rally. This same day coverage is unbelievable to me. I have to be careful not to read my email updates, so I won't know what happened before watching the coverage on Speedvision. Who would have thought?

If they maintain this all year, they're going to make me very happy. Speedvision, Speed Channel, they can call it what they want; I don't care. As long as they provide same day coverage of all the Rally's I'll be satisfied.
Old 02-10-2002, 06:28 PM

thats really sucks

stupid Fox

glad I am going back home tomorrow, to see speedvision last time...
Old 02-10-2002, 08:03 PM

I wouldn't worry about it to much. Preliminary schedules for Speed Channel have all most all the previous programming intact, the 3-11pm Nascar Only time slot has been surrendered and best of all...
I met Bob Varsha & Dave Despain at my restaurant here in Charlotte (the new HQ for Speed Channel). This is a pretty good sign for F1 & Bike fans as I don't think these two would've moved without a pretty stable contract.

Alan
Old 02-11-2002, 01:19 PM

At least they will still have the American Le Mans series. I just hope they stick to their guns and have flag to flag coverage of the races like they did last year. Not like the B.S. coverage that CBS has where you get to see 1 hour of a 3 hour race...
Old 02-11-2002, 01:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it just me or does Nascar sucks!!! I love cars and auto racing, but Nascar is just pointless. I can't see why it is one of the fastest growing sports in America. It's just of cars racing in circles, bumping into opponents. How can anyone possibly appreciate that. Formula 1, Cart, Indy, LeMans, SCCA, WRC, and DTM all requires timing, concentration, and complete skill.

Does this mean that there will be no more Speedvision Touring Car and GT challenge? Please say that it ain't so. I hope that they continue their Formula 1 Coverage as well as WRC and SCCA.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:26 AM

Why the hell are they doing this? They will undoubtably lose lots of viewers. No one is winning.
Old 02-12-2002, 07:38 PM

I'm actually kinda glad that Speedvision is gone.. hopefully the new Speed channel will show more exciting f1 coverage. I find Sam Posey and the boyz, simply boring and have such little knowledge of what they are talking about.. I prefer watching the feed from itv.

-simon2000

Quick Reply: Bye Bye SpeedVision