Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Button leaving BAR for Williams in 2005

Old 08-05-2004, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Button leaving BAR for Williams in 2005

Button back to Williams.

I guess that means it's Sato and Davidson for next year to battle Button/Webber, JPM/Raikkonen and of course Ferrari.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:42 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, shocking move... I'm surprised David Richards let him go. Sato and Davidson? Theres always Villenevue, I hear hes out of a job these days.

Back to the drawing board for BAR.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder how Honda is going to do without Button? The guy has like 90% of BAR's championship points!
Old 08-05-2004, 05:30 PM

i am shocked, BAR should have never let him go !!!!!!
Old 08-05-2004, 06:31 PM

This makes no sense whatsoever! What is he going to do with the Williams that RS and JPM couldn
Old 08-05-2004, 06:35 PM

lolol i love this quote!!

"BAR meanwhile, will almost certainly promote Friday teat driver Anthony Davidson to the role of race driver with the squad. "
Old 08-05-2004, 07:13 PM

What the hell is Button thinking?
Old 08-05-2004, 07:23 PM
Banned

Well Don't lose faith Just yet!
Oh well JB leaves the perfect situation to join a team where there is NO #1 driver and who is struggling this year... F um .
Now, Don't lose faith in Taku.. he has 6 races left to learn to control the Exprosion in his pants, and you can bet your life BAR will focus everything on Taku San.
(yes they want 2nd in Constructors, But just as Williams is holding things from JPM, BAR will due to JB)
Plus, Don't Forget TS is still learning and the BAR bosses, his Mechanics, HONDA F1 all LOVE his approach and driving style... and I for one would love to see a Japanese driver deliver the F1 title to Honda next year... and mark my words 2005 it WILL happen.
The one thing no one mentioned til me is a quote from DR from earlier this year. "I have an air tight contract with JB, if he wants to leave, they are paying me HUGE!" which means BAR just got roughly 10-15 Million from Williams which will help close the gap to Ferrari tremendously, AND... as a guest of DR at this weekends Finnish Rally is the only driver to beat Heir MS and a driver who's wife told him we need money, and who happens to be Finnish... the REAL Ice Man
Mika Hakk...ok cant spell the rest. So,,, Don't lose faith, NO WAY David Richards would let JB go if BAR didn't have a plan. They will not go from a likely 2nd in Constructors, and 3rd or maybe 2nd in drivers, to a backwards team.
Also
Jarno Trulli, is still available, as well as David Coulthard
Personally Id LOVE to see MH back in F1...then JT..I've never liked DC
I think TS COULD be the #1 I just hope they don't Promote Davidson to #2...Yes he has done Great in Testing, but I don't want a rookie on my team
But Have Faith Like I do.. 2005 CWC and the day after it happens...see the HondaF1 in my Sig below??? It will be tattooed on my flesh..where hasn't been determined yet
and NO I haven't done any drugs in quite a while... but if you have any...share, Don't flame me... unless the flame is to light the drugs
Old 08-05-2004, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red_Ohio_Rocket,Aug 5 2004, 08:23 PM
learn to control the Exprosion in his pants
Old 08-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Red_Ohio_Rocket,Aug 5 2004, 08:23 PM
Well Don't lose faith Just yet!
Oh well JB leaves the perfect situation to join a team where there is NO #1 driver and who is struggling this year... F um .
Now, Don't lose faith in Taku.. he has 6 races left to learn to control the Exprosion in his pants, and you can bet your life BAR will focus everything on Taku San.
(yes they want 2nd in Constructors, But just as Williams is holding things from JPM, BAR will due to JB)
Plus, Don't Forget TS is still learning and the BAR bosses, his Mechanics, HONDA F1 all LOVE his approach and driving style... and I for one would love to see a Japanese driver deliver the F1 title to Honda next year... and mark my words 2005 it WILL happen.
The one thing no one mentioned til me is a quote from DR from earlier this year. "I have an air tight contract with JB, if he wants to leave, they are paying me HUGE!" which means BAR just got roughly 10-15 Million from Williams which will help close the gap to Ferrari tremendously, AND... as a guest of DR at this weekends Finnish Rally is the only driver to beat Heir MS and a driver who's wife told him we need money, and who happens to be Finnish... the REAL Ice Man
Mika Hakk...ok cant spell the rest. So,,, Don't lose faith, NO WAY David Richards would let JB go if BAR didn't have a plan. They will not go from a likely 2nd in Constructors, and 3rd or maybe 2nd in drivers, to a backwards team.
Also
Jarno Trulli, is still available, as well as David Coulthard
Personally Id LOVE to see MH back in F1...then JT..I've never liked DC
I think TS COULD be the #1 I just hope they don't Promote Davidson to #2...Yes he has done Great in Testing, but I don't want a rookie on my team
But Have Faith Like I do.. 2005 CWC and the day after it happens...see the HondaF1 in my Sig below??? It will be tattooed on my flesh..where hasn't been determined yet
and NO I haven't done any drugs in quite a while... but if you have any...share, Don't flame me... unless the flame is to light the drugs
i don't know about wnning next year..

Quick Reply: Button leaving BAR for Williams in 2005