Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

The brand new NSX sould not be called an NSX

Old 03-07-2003, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear Honda,

Please develop and build a brand new NSX. And when you introduce it, don't call it an NSX. Give it a new name, fitting of a the new super-car it will be. Need I mention the Ferrari and Lamborghini approach of marketing new cars? To think...What a nice one-two-three punch Honda would inject into the face of the world-renowned sports car community....

Sincerely,
S2K Satisfied Owner
Old 03-07-2003, 12:54 AM

whats wrong with NSX? not that I mind if Honda give it's new supercar a new name, but NSX does fit in the line with TSX, RSX, MDX.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:53 AM

AVXs2000

love that Navi
Old 03-07-2003, 05:31 AM

I think the NSX name is fine. Remember Porsche's 911? That car has gone through a lot of changes (the biggest now being a water cooled engine) for about 40 years and is still called a 911.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:26 AM

I agree Honda is not very creative with names. A good name is like an identity. Number and letters just don't last and stand out in peoples minds. Take Mustang or Corvette for example. Would they have the same mystic and lasting power if they had been called H63 or KLU? I thank not. Honda has even turned its back on some good names like Legend and Prelude while going to uninspired names like 3.2CL.

Heritage not withstanding I would like to have seen a real name for our car.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"riso razzo" perhaps.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:22 AM

Why not take Ferrari's lead and call the new NSX the "Sochiro".
Old 03-07-2003, 08:32 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally posted by William
I agree Honda is not very creative with names. A good name is like an identity. Number and letters just don't last and stand out in peoples minds. Take Mustang or Corvette for example. Would they have the same mystic and lasting power if they had been called H63 or KLU? I thank not. Honda has even turned its back on some good names like Legend and Prelude while going to uninspired names like 3.2CL.

Funny you should say that. 'cos with the exception of the NSX, Honda created these other "uninspired" names just for the American market, i.e., cars sold under the Acura badge. Elsewhere in the world, it's still a Legend, an Inspire , Integra etc.

I don't mind the NSX being called an NSX, though I do fine that giving the other lower end cars letter names (TSX, RSX etc) does make the NSX a little less special.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:03 AM

Originally posted by William

I agree, but I remember reading a post regarding this on another site. Someone mentioned that Honda was going for un-creative names for their cars to force customers to use the name "Acura", due to marketing research.

So, instead of someone saying, "I've got an Integra." they will say, "I've got an Acura RSX."
Old 03-07-2003, 10:36 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NSX is fine IMO...

Quick Reply: The brand new NSX sould not be called an NSX